What do you love to hate?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ferrit worrier

Re: What do you love to hate? e.g radio 4 ..

Post by ferrit worrier »

Those annoying little tabs on packets of sliced bread. The ones that hold the neck of the bag closed. sometimes it's a dog of a job to open them up to get into the contents, especially at 4.00 am when I'm trying to get some breakfast before going to work.
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I love the gloaming and the darkness mostly, especially in summer, I find bright sunshine unpleasant

But today was so grey and dull, I stayed at home

One wonders whether God intended us to hibernate in winter
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

I hate the low sun in winter especially when cycling or driving directly into it.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:One wonders whether God intended us to hibernate in winter
People tend to ask each other about re-encarntaion and what one might like to come back as.
I say a grizzly bear.

Top of the food chain, protected species, gorge myself on salmon and berries in the autumn, and sleep all winter.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mick F wrote:
People tend to ask each other about re-encarntaion and what one might like to come back as.
I say a grizzly bear.

Top of the food chain, protected species, gorge myself on salmon and berries in the autumn, and sleep all winter.

And you get to **** in the woods, remember.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

To pope in the woods - is that still catholic?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Mick F wrote:
I say a grizzly bear.

And you get to **** in the woods, remember.

No paper though :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

reohn2 wrote:No paper though :?

I thought the missing word was an alternative name for loose rolling tobacco :( .
Cuddly Ocelot

Post by Cuddly Ocelot »

Computerised noise that people call music. Singers who "eat" the microphone whilst singing. The obsession with the idea that money, status and the pre-occupation with "the self".
Our streets are littered with expensive, rotting and polluting tin cans obstructing the free passage of pedestrians, horses, cyclists and motor vehicles
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

old_windbag wrote:
reohn2 wrote:No paper though :?

I thought the missing word was an alternative name for loose rolling tobacco :( .

You can put that in your pipe and smoke it :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Only Connect. The idea is good and the questions are good but Vicky Coren makes my flesh creep. She's a very intelligent woman and excellent to listen to in other circumstances, but delivering scripted pseudo-spontaneous remarks isn't her forte. I can stand her intro, just, but as soon as the scores are up I'm outta there.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I understand what you mean about Vicky, her and her husband always sound like they are sneering which is unpleasant. However I really like Only Connect and In Upstart Crow David was excellent with a clever Ben Elton script. Its nice to see a panel game thats actually a bit more challenging than tne pub quiz.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Pastychomper

Post by Pastychomper »

blackbike wrote:Since podcasts were invented I've stopped listening to Radio 4. I prefer to download the programmes I like.

However , I do tune into You and Yours once in while for a laugh.

You don't have to wait long before the presenter tells us that there is no regulation at all for anyone wanting to set up a dog barbers, flower pressing shop or tarot card reading business, the clear implication being that there should be some sort of vast state bureaucracy to oversee such enterprises.

That would be the natural progression from the vast state bureaucracy that oversees most of the FM broadcasts in my area.

Yes, I was going to mention the BBC before I read back and saw its earlier fame in this thread. Still, I do love the Beeb's lack of advertising (except for its own products), neutrality (except for any subject the government/big business/Illuminati wants to push at the time), radio coverage in remote parts of the UK, and some of its programmes. And I hate the things in brackets, along with the apparent attitude of the racket that fund the whole thing.
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
pwa

Post by pwa »

I hate vastly overpaid people telling us they are "worth it". Most of us are worth it but we don't get it. My wife is a graduate of Bath University and regularly gets begging messages from them. In the light of the story about their overpaid Vice Chancellor she is thinking of telling them to cease communications since they clearly do not need her support.
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

reohn2 wrote:You can put that in your pipe and smoke it :shock:

Ah you must miss the days of being top billing at Batley Variety Club......................... or the Wheeltappers and shunters, order order. :lol: