Edge Sports

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Tizme

Edge Sports

Post by Tizme »

Edge Sports are the sole UK distributors for Juin Tech disc brakes (https://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/juin ... -road.html). I think they are a brilliant bit of kit, however they are the one and only disc brakes I have, so I cannot say how good they are compared to others in all honesty.
My reason for posting is that despite being really simple to fit and set up, being my first attempt I needed a bit of "hand holding" when I had a problem. On Saturday (6/1/18) I sent an email to the company asking for some advice. When I looked at my phone several hours later I noticed no less than 3 missed calls, all from the same number, interest aroused I called back (not something I normally do with an unknown caller - but 3 times, it had to be important), the calls were all from Mike Kay, a partner in the company, trying to get hold of me to sort out my problem. He then talked me through what I needed to do and also sent an email confirming everything we had discussed, so even a bike building biff like me could sort it out.

I call that a first class service!
Redvee

Re: Edge Sports

Post by Redvee »

I spoke to them at the bike show at NEC in September about my R1 callipers and mentioned they weren't as sharp as the Hy:Rds on my other bike and they suggested a bleed of the calliper, obviously at the show I couldn't take all the steps in so contacted them via the website and had a response and they did remember speaking to me and gave me step by step instructions for doing the job which I've still not done although I do have a bleed kit and brake fluid.