Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Psamathe

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Psamathe »

I see Trump is now using UK protests about the Conservative's destroying our NHS as support for his own changes to US healthcare in posting "[NHS] going broke and not working".

Even bigger shock is that Hunt (the person largely responsible for the "going broke and not working") leapt to the defence of the NHS and laid into Trump!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-hunt-trump-twitter-nhs-claims-us-healthcare-system-uk-trumpcare-obamacare-a8195196.html wrote:Jeremy Hunt hits back at Donald Trump's claim that NHS is 'going broke and not working'
Health Secretary attacks the US system 'where 28m people have no cover'

Jeremy Hunt has joined in an extraordinary war of words with Donald Trump over the NHS, with an outspoken attack on the US healthcare system.

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Kettle calling the pan?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

The American system costs twice the price per head and isn't affordable by the old and infirm.
Is he suggesting their system is better?
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"Is he suggesting their system is better?"

Of course it IS better for the rich. And in the land of the free(market) that is the ONLY criterion. As it almost is here and will be totally when (not if I fear) the Tories have their way. Post-Brexit heaven will have no room for the poor and infirm - sorry, spongers and commies.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

djnotts wrote:....As it almost is here and will be totally when (not if I fear) the Tories have their way. Post-Brexit heaven will have no room for the poor and infirm - sorry, spongers and commies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-biggest-threat-nhs-100-mps-peers-health-system-warn-open-britain-a8194166.html wrote:Brexit is 'biggest threat' to the future of the NHS, say 100 MPs, MEPs and peers from five parties
Exclusive: Public must decide whether impact of EU withdrawal on health system is 'too high a price to pay', cross-party group warns
More than 100 elected officials from five political parties have issued a stark warning about the impact of Brexit on the NHS, saying leaving the EU is “the biggest threat of all” to the health service.

But I don't know if they [the 100 MPs raising the concerns] have taken into account the extra £350m a week the NHS will be getting after March 2019.

Ian
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Psamathe wrote:But I don't know if they [the 100 MPs raising the concerns] have taken into account the extra £350m a week the NHS will be getting after March 2019.

Ian

I wonder what the current cost is.
The eurozone seems to be storming ahead whilst here services and manufacturing are looking a bit less rosy this month and car sales which are usually well connected to consumer confidence are none too sparkling either.

Not to worry though, apparently we have to look to the long term - by which I assume they mean when all the coffin dodgers are dead and the young rejoin the EU.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

kwackers wrote:.....Not to worry though, apparently we have to look to the long term - by which I assume they mean when all the coffin dodgers are dead and the young rejoin the EU.

And those creating the mess have moved on to lucrative non-exec Directorships with 6 figure salaries for 2 hrs a month and their name on the letterhead. And they will be accepting no responsibility for the damage they will have done. Just look at Cameron - created this mess and division and just walks away and now doing very nicely thank you.

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:And those creating the mess have moved on to lucrative non-exec Directorships with 6 figure salaries for 2 hrs a month and their name on the letterhead. And they will be accepting no responsibility for the damage they will have done. Just look at Cameron - created this mess and division and just walks away and now doing very nicely thank you.

Ian

Did we think it would be any other way?
Capitalism,don't you just love it?
W H Auden
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

But I don't know if they [the 100 MPs raising the concerns] have taken into account the extra £350m a week the NHS will be getting after March 2019.

Who said they will? That was never promised. Just Media misrepresentation.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

bigjim wrote:

BorisNHS.jpg
BorisNHS.jpg (23.01 KiB) Viewed 577 times

Is that one of our most senior ministers I see in the photo (being totally misrepresented ...)

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

bigjim wrote:

Or was it brexiters misrepresentation?
It's the way of crooked salesmen,the same way Osborne's austerity plan was going to get the UK out of debt by the end of the first Tory parliament,or that Mrs May when she was home secretary and later prime minister,would being down immigration to the tens of thousands,or how "we are all in it together" according to prime minister Cameron.
All remainers but all three liars.
W H Auden
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

Psamathe wrote:
bigjim wrote:

BorisNHS.jpg
Is that one of our most senior ministers I see in the photo (being totally misrepresented ...)

Ian

Still can't see a promise. The quote above says "will be getting". Who said that?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

bigjim wrote:
Psamathe wrote:
bigjim wrote:Who said they will? That was never promised. Just Media misrepresentation.

BorisNHS.jpg

Ian

Still can't see a promise. The quote above says "will be getting". Who said that?

"Let's" = "Let us" so poster reads "Let us give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week" and we voted on the campaign proposals and they got our vote so one of the most senior ministers (look at the photo to guess his role in the campaign) so we can quite reasonably expect then to honour their proposals.

I assume that as honourable honest people those making the offer in return for our votes will now be honouring their part of the bargain i.e. you give us your vote and we will give the NHS the £350m a week ..." - so we gave them our vote so now it's their turn for their side of the bargain.

Ian
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

Ahhh.... You assumed. There was no offer made. No promise.
If somebody based a vote on that one assumption, I think they would have made a bad decision.
If I said "If I had a £1000, I could buy a new bike with that" Doesn't mean I will. Something else might take my fancy or something more urgent might crop up.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

bigjim wrote:Ahhh.... You assumed. There was no offer made. No promise.
If somebody based a vote on that one assumption, I think they would have made a bad decision.
If I said "If I had a £1000, I could buy a new bike with that" Doesn't mean I will. Something else might take my fancy or something more urgent might crop up.

Closer equivalent would be somebody saying "Give me £1000 to let me buy a new bike" ... and then they spend it on an SUV and spend their time close-passing cyclists.

Ian