Snow?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: Snow?

Post by al_yrpal »

Mick F wrote:I cope by not going out into it ........... if I can help it. Zero DegC out there now, and black and white ice abounds.

As I've become older, my tolerance of the cold has decreased. Not been on the bike since 13th December. :oops:

10 years ago when I was your age I would have been out with the CTC or out on the MTB in this sort of weather, not now I am going soft. Off to Reading this morning by bus, bargain spotting... 12 degrees on Saturday looks good for a long ride.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Gorgeous 25 miler today. Started off around 2 degrees but sunshine :shock: soon melted any ice spots.
Headed into a coastal breeze to start with; lovely and refreshing.
Some cloud out at sea made us think we were in for a wetting but that soon shifted and had sunshine all the way back.
A glorious day....at last.
fausto. :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Thunder and lightning and winds and rain. It didn't clear up until late afternoon.
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Phew it's warm out there today 13C. Just back from a short tandem ride to secure out target. 6500 tandem miles for the year. We went to a local village hall for there monthly book sale and coffee morning, only to find it had been cancelled at the last minute due to a double booking. Place was full of campervans. Taken over by the caravan club for the new year. :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Back from my ride returning to Puddletown South Potholeshire. We now have a lake preventing me from getting into my allotment!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
BruceJ

Post by BruceJ »

Only a light covering of snow here in Wester Ross but lethal patches of sheet ice on the roads, so no tandem trip to local café today, I'm afraid. Just about to put another peat on the fire.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Steady snowfall in N.Wales this morning.
Couple of inches level at 200 meters.
Coast may be clearer.

Eira bach, eira mawr.( little snow, big snow)
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Aye, snow here in Pembs. which is fairly unusual as we're right on the coast.
Probably had well over an inch. but currently easing.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Here on the southern edge of Leeds we've hat a light dusting. The notable event is that for what I think is the first time since we moved here in 1975, yesterday evening we had a precautionary gritting of our street, a cul-de-sac off another. In the past, we've occasionally seen a gritter towards the end of a snowy spell lasting a week or more but never before the snowfall. People have become complacent round here. Once upon a time, a gritter could not have got down the street because of all the cars parked near the junction with the main road by people who wanted to avoid being stuck in the snow. It's not been that bad for years. A little birdie tells me it's a whole lot colder just now in parts of Canada.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Had a slight sprinkle of snow this morning. All gone now.
Temp is +4degC out there, and lovely and dry.
Mick F. Cornwall
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Snow has settled in Lancaster but only on pavements or where there's not much traffic. Got to about a centimetre at one point. Will probably melt but it's still snowing after several hours.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

a few drops in East Ham London yesterday ( monday ) clouds looked like snow clouds but they thought better of it and moved on
pwa

Post by pwa »

Got out on the bike for an hour and a half this afternoon. No snow, no ice, no painful ear tips.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Brief sprinklings of big flakes of snow as I set off towards Lynn both this morning and this afternoon. Didn't settle and people said it hadn't snowed at all in town.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Trying to snow in south devon, was outside working making attempt at starting my old trail bike.
Took the plug out and some muddy water came out :( .
But cleaned it out by starting the electric starter and even though old petrol in tank, must be two years old and bike stored outside, got it running :)
Wakes the neighbour's up :mrgreen:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.