Are you dying for a KFC?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Are you dying for a KFC?

Post by mercalia »

I cant remember the last time I bought any - and the chicken was burnt. not cheap either. Now if it was a Big Mac then I would be up in arms. KFC seems a bit old fashioned to me with Burger King?
djnotts

Re: Are you dieing for a KFC?

Post by djnotts »

Presumably those who have been dialling 999 are indeed well hooked!
Lawrie9

Post by Lawrie9 »

No I don't eat any meat and the world would be a better place if everyone stopped eating meat or reduced their meat intake. The meat industry is a major factor in climate change.
No jam doughnuts stored here overnight
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I see it's being reported that the distribution problems have involved DHL.

Had they sought my opinion before switching the contract, I could have saved them a lot of trouble. :evil:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43124259
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

What puzzles me is, I wasn't aware that KFC actually sells any chicken....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I don't mind the very occasional KFC tbh. Mahoosive own goal here though.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I have been to one :(
I think it was in 1969 and I thought it was expensive, even after a skinful, tasting rubbish. Far more fun going to the chippy, after closing time, and bartering for what was left.
It’s the staff on zero hours that I feel sorry for.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Given the fat content of the meals shouldn't the question be 'Are you dying of KFC?'
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Debs

Post by Debs »

661-Pete wrote:What puzzles me is, I wasn't aware that KFC actually sells any chicken....

You're not the only one, the 'KFC' Kentucky Fried Crap acronym can be misleading :lol:
rjb

Post by rjb »

Paulatic wrote:Far more fun going to the chippy, after closing time, and bartering for what was left.

Haven't done that since I graduated in 1974. :lol: They got wise if you tried it too frequently and refused to negotiate. :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Fast food.
Not eaten any for years and years and years .............. maybe decades, and I have no intention of even going into a KFC et al let alone eating any of the stuff.

Fish and chips from a decent local chippy - yes.
Burgers from Cap'n Jaspers - yes.
http://www.capn-jaspers.co.uk
Mick F. Cornwall
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Finger Licking is NOT Good
Is the slogan still used?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Finger Licking is NOT Good
Is the slogan still used?

If you mean, taking that phrase literally - I agree - unless you've washed your hands beforehand. And I mean properly washed - not just splashed some water over.

I admit to being somewhat surprised to read, recently, that the practice of washing-hands-before-meals has become rather moribund in recent years. As a child, in our family home a very strict discipline was in force - and I didn't object! But this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

And in virtually every restaurant there is no encouragement whatsoever to 'pop out to the toilet' before starting your meal. Indeed there is active disinclination, for fear that the waiter may bring your meal while you're away, giving it time to cool - or whatever reason...

Is this something that ought to change?

And worse still: I suspect that many restaurant staff still do not receive proper training in personal hygiene. It may or may not be a coincidence, that my two most recent experiences of GE have come closely following restaurant meals....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

funny enough, I really like the coating, it's whats underneath that I can live without. A takeaway after the pub that I used to go to in the 80s did potato wedges with the coating on, and they were great. Despite seeing southern fried wedges since, none of them have been the same.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

My 10 year old grandson calls it Kids Fat Club :mrgreen:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden