Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Mike Sales

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Mike Sales »

Not mad, but a very limited intellect, a thin skin and an unlimited ego. He also seems to have no faculty for shame or embarrassment.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mike Sales wrote:Not mad, but a very limited intellect, a thin skin and an unlimited ego. He also seems to have no faculty for shame or embarrassment.

Another Dunning–Kruger? (I can only express personal opinion and have no relevant qualifications to diagnose).

Ian
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I am not making a diagnosis either, just a personal judgement (for which the O.P. asked).
I base it on observation of his thoughts, of which we see plenty, not least in the form of tweets, and the judgement of those who have been close to him, such as Tillerson, who called him a f... moron.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Psamathe wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:Not mad, but a very limited intellect, a thin skin and an unlimited ego. He also seems to have no faculty for shame or embarrassment.

Another Dunning–Kruger? (I can only express personal opinion and have no relevant qualifications to diagnose).

Ian

Another Only Connect fan, perhaps?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Mike Sales wrote:I am not making a diagnosis either, just a personal judgement (for which the O.P. asked).
I base it on observation of his thoughts, of which we see plenty, not least in the form of tweets, and the judgement of those who have been close to him, such as Tillerson, who called him a f... moron.

Good job he's got some one he can't sack to advise on all the complicated stuff - Vladimir Putin. Don't know how that Putin manages it - two superpowers and a Brexit to run yet never looks stressed or flustered.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

At a private dinner, National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster reportedly mocked Trump’s intelligence, stating that his intelligence was comparable to a “kindergartner.” Citing five sources, BuzzFeed reports that during the same conversation he also reportedly called the President an “idiot” and a “dope.” A spokesperson for the National Security Council said the story was “false”.

Another source said that this wasn’t the first time McMaster has called Trump’s intelligence into question, citing a separate event where he suggested that Trump was not capable of understanding the issues the National Security Council deals with.

This isn’t the first time a high-ranking member of Trump’s administration has called his intelligence into question. Earlier this year Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reportedly called the President a “moron.”
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.” Barrack denied that to the New York Times.

This is in Michael Wolff's book Fire and Fury, Inside the Trump Whitehouse
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

I’m not sure being really horrible is the same thing as mad.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

pete75 wrote:
Mike Sales wrote:I am not making a diagnosis either, just a personal judgement (for which the O.P. asked).

Good job he's got some one he can't sack to advise on all the complicated stuff - Vladimir Putin. Don't know how that Putin manages it - two superpowers and a Brexit to run yet never looks stressed or flustered.

Delegation is the key, and experienced staff
Trump keeps sacking them as soon as they have got to know their tasks
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Whippet wrote:I’m not sure being really horrible is the same thing as mad.

I think it's far,far worse than just being really horrible....
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

And now the latest - London is a "war zone" courtesy of the Ginger Monster...

Ah well - he'd better not come then. Wouldn't want that precious ginger pate to be scalped by a flying kitchen knife, now, would we? :lol:

On the other hand, if he does show up, he can be assured of a specially warm welcome by sundry war-zone residents.... :twisted:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:And now the latest - London is a "war zone" courtesy of the Ginger Monster...

Ah well - he'd better not come then. Wouldn't want that precious ginger pate to be scalped by a flying kitchen knife, now, would we? :lol:

On the other hand, if he does show up, he can be assured of a specially warm welcome by sundry war-zone residents.... :twisted:

its funny in a twisted sort of way - his comments amount to - look I have a soln to all the knifings in London - give every one guns?
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

mercalia wrote:
661-Pete wrote:And now the latest - London is a "war zone" courtesy of the Ginger Monster...

its funny in a twisted sort of way - his comments amount to - look I have a soln to all the knifings in London - give every one guns?

Exactly. He's a total (can't say it here) who said he was in favour of gun control until the NRA offered him money for his election campaign, at which point he did a complete u-turn. It turns out that the NRA was getting a lot of money from Russia......and of course we all know that Russia loves to give people money for nothing in return out of sheer altruism. Form an orderly queue, folks.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

A bit closer home, Teresa May has trailed several times policies of installing police chiefs from elsewhere, either from other English-speaking countries with a broadly similar legal system or the Army: ie the leaders of routinely armed organisations.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

thirdcrank wrote:A bit closer home, Teresa May has trailed several times policies of installing police chiefs from elsewhere, either from other English-speaking countries with a broadly similar legal system or the Army: ie the leaders of routinely armed organisations.

"Teresa" (sic)? Don't know how good a job she'd make of running the country, but she sure as hell can't do much worse than her namesake... :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).