** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
661-Pete

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by 661-Pete »

francovendee wrote:New BLUE British passport to be printed in the EU. Don't you just love it, you couldn't make it up :lol: :lol:

I was going to say that, but several have beaten me to it!

(*thinks*) Surely, rather than all-blue, the new passport should be coloured red, white and blue - after all these are the colours of the British flag.

On the other hand, an alternative red/white/blue arrangement suggests itself as being a bit more practicable... :twisted: :lol:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:talk about thread deviation what is this about trees? get your own thread ( or stem )

They're just branching out a little,their bark is worse than their bite.
I think at some point the thread will get back to it's roots.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

reohn2 wrote:
mercalia wrote:talk about thread deviation what is this about trees? get your own thread ( or stem )

That's plane enough. Don't need to pine about it, fir gawd's sake! Such behaviour is holly inappropriate....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

661-Pete wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

That's plane enough. Don't need to pine about it, fir gawd's sake! Such behaviour is holly inappropriate....

I was knot Beeching about it or going against the grain,just nipping it in the bud,I'll leaf it out now.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I bet the French maker of out new True Blue passport will put a very small "made in France" emblem some where hidden :wink: :lol: I would
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:I bet the French maker of out new True Blue passport will put a very small "made in France" emblem some where hidden :wink: :lol: I would

"Fabriqué en France", s'il vous plaît! Or even better, "Fabriqué dans l'Hexagone", which of course no Little Englander would understand....
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

Well apparently de la rue were £120m above the cheapest tender which is more than 20% of the expected contract price.

They probably thought they could get away with a bit of a premium as the UK manufacturer but should have pruned a little more off the price.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

L' hexagon, formidable, la France profonde +1
To get to the root of the matter, the demand for UK passports may go underground, anyone who can will get an Irish passport :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

De La Rue? Aren't they the outfit that print our money? Or is that Waddington's?

Oh well - what the hell - go for the cheapest bidder whatever - that's how the Gov does things nowadays. Presumably if the French printers fall behind on security devices in our passports, they'll be easier to forge..... :evil:

On the other hand, after Br****it, who'll want to forge a British passport? :twisted:
pete75

Post by pete75 »

661-Pete wrote:
mercalia wrote:I bet the French maker of out new True Blue passport will put a very small "made in France" emblem some where hidden :wink: :lol: I would

"Fabriqué en France", s'il vous plaît! Or even better, "Fabriqué dans l'Hexagone", which of course no Little Englander would understand....

Now now don't disparage Little Englanders - and for those of you who are Little Englanders disparage means put down.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

+123 for Owen Smith, he wants a third referendum

He was the NI Secretary but he is Welsh (MP for Pontypridd/Pontypandy), his successor (68 years old*) is a bit Welsh too
* when should politrickians retire?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Cyril Haearn wrote:....his successor (68 years old*)....
Hey, watch it mate! I shall be 68 in a few weeks' time :) . And plenty of forummers surpass that :roll: . We may be mostly retired, but that doesn't stop us from being active...
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:+123 for Owen Smith, he wants a third referendum

He was the NI Secretary but he is Welsh (MP for Pontypridd/Pontypandy), his successor (68 years old*) is a bit Welsh too
* when should politrickians retire?

Gladstone was PM at 84. Wonder how many would have had the courage to say you're too old to this man. He looks more formidable than Mrs May and her entire cabinet combined.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well thats the victorian look and the slow speed of photography then, you couldnt move for a few seconds or you got a blurred image - he was probably a pussy cat in real life :wink:
pete75

Post by pete75 »

mercalia wrote:well thats the victorian look and the slow speed of photography then, you couldnt move for a few seconds or you got a blurred image - he was probably a pussy cat in real life :wink:

Hmmm that's probably the worse misjudgement of character I've heard...