Peed off.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
MikeF

Re: Peed off.

Post by MikeF »

In the 50s I don't think I ever thought about locking my bike anywhere. It's a sad reflection on modern society unfortunately that it's necessary now, although I'm sure there were thefts then, but not like today. The ease of selling stuff eg eBay, probably plays a part.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Jon Lucas

Post by Jon Lucas »

Some years ago I had a rear light stolen off my back as I cycled along. It was attached to the hi-viz I was wearing at the time, and as I cycled I felt a slap on my back, followed moments later by a cheery wave from a fellow cyclist as he passed me. At the time I thought the slap was odd, and so stopped and took off the hi-viz to find the light missing. By this time the other cyclist had disappeared.
CyberKnight

Post by CyberKnight »

tykeboy2003 wrote:Very.

Just been volunteering at the Burton Beer festival and left my bike locked up outside and some ******* has gone through my panniers and nicked my tool kit. This is particularly annoying because they were fairly specific cycling tools like a chain splitter and tyre levers etc which are almost worthless unless you are a cyclist so this was a fellow cyclist who did this to me - git.

Thats swad for you , some tea leaves went into our garden and stole the kids sled .
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."