Pay to pee?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Re: Pay to pee?

Post by thirdcrank »

Watch "Songs of Praise." Churches are packed.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

thirdcrank wrote:Watch "Songs of Praise." Churches are packed.

In Wales too, the people are so well dressed and groomed on Dechrau canu, Dechrau canmol
(Songs of Praise in Welsh)
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
pete75

Post by pete75 »

thirdcrank wrote:Watch "Songs of Praise." Churches are packed.

And You think that's typical???
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
gnvqsos

Post by gnvqsos »

y thirdcrank » 3 Apr 2018, 5:06pm

If you went to the same church aweek later you would be hard pressed to find a vicar and chorister,let alone a member of the public.Some people will do anything to appear on TV,even sit through the tedium of a church service,alleeviating their ennui by either examining the publishers'address etc. of the common prayer book or musing on the conversation you have had with thoisecyclists who enjoy rubbing grapohite grease on his wifes(bike's spokes)nipples as a prime pastime.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

gnvqsos wrote:y thirdcrank » 3 Apr 2018, 5:06pm

If you went to the same church aweek later you would be hard pressed to find a vicar and chorister,let alone a member of the public.Some people will do anything to appear on TV,even sit through the tedium of a church service,alleeviating their ennui by either examining the publishers'address etc. of the common prayer book or musing on the conversation you have had with thoisecyclists who enjoy rubbing grapohite grease on his wifes(bike's spokes)nipples as a prime pastime.

In my youth, made to sing in the the church choir, I used to spend the weary minutes (which seemed to be hours) reading the Book of Common Prayer.
It had a complicated procedure for finding the date of Easter, involving Golden Numbers, if I remember correctly. I could never understand it.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Thornyone wrote: I feel especially strongly about this as a male of a certain age. :lol: 20p for a pee is simply outrageous!

Yep, have to admit I had a %%&* on the verge down in North Wales at the weekend, having seen the 20p price for using the facilities. And saw my first full moonie of the year returning from Lake District yesterday; woman involved was stripped below the waist, having a dump in a layby (Nb. Have to admit, I do think she should have used the drainage ditch or verge)
pete75

Post by pete75 »

gbnz wrote:
Thornyone wrote: I feel especially strongly about this as a male of a certain age. :lol: 20p for a pee is simply outrageous!

Yep, have to admit I had a %%&* on the verge down in North Wales at the weekend, having seen the 20p price for using the facilities. And saw my first full moonie of the year returning from Lake District yesterday; woman involved was stripped below the waist, having a dump in a layby (Nb. Have to admit, I do think she should have used the drainage ditch or verge)

20p? If I drop one I don't even bother to pick it up. Whoever does is welcome - they obviously need it more than I do.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

pete75 wrote:20p? If I drop one I don't even bother to pick it up. Whoever does is welcome - they obviously need it more than I do.

But if you have a prostate like mine it’s not just a 20p one off. If you imagine a dog (well, the owner, I suppose) paying 20p every time it passes a lamp post, you might get the idea. I’d be talking several pee-pounds a week. Come to think of it, maybe a dog-pee charge isn’t a bad idea: some of my council tax a while back was spent on treating lamp posts along a “cycle track” (i.e. dog pee-and-poo alley) to prevent dog-pee corrosion :lol:
Last edited by Thornyone on 13 Apr 2018, 8:36am, edited 1 time in total.
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

gbnz wrote:Yep, have to admit I had a %%&* on the verge down in North Wales at the weekend, having seen the 20p price for using the facilities. And saw my first full moonie of the year returning from Lake District yesterday; woman involved was stripped below the waist, having a dump in a layby (Nb. Have to admit, I do think she should have used the drainage ditch or verge)

That’s modern woman for you. Gross. Are you sure it was a number 2? If so, I thought there was a maximum fine of £5,000 pounds for “dumping” in a layby. I’ve frequently seen the signs (road signs, I mean). :lol:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Thornyone wrote:
gbnz wrote:Yep, have to admit I had a %%&* on the verge down in North Wales at the weekend, having seen the 20p price for using the facilities. And saw my first full moonie of the year returning from Lake District yesterday; woman involved was stripped below the waist, having a dump in a layby (Nb. Have to admit, I do think she should have used the drainage ditch or verge)

That’s modern woman for you. Gross. Are you sure it was a number 2? If so, I thought there was a maximum fine of £5,000 pounds for “dumping” in a layby. I’ve frequently seen the signs (road signs, I mean). :lol:

You mean in the way all cyclist RLJ,and cars(modern men)don't ? :roll:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
PH

Post by PH »

Having received my water rates bill this week I'm reminded that even peeing at home isn't free, and that bill isn't the only expense, nor does anyone else come round and keep it clean and tidy for me.
I don't have any particular objection in paying to use facilities, particularly in tourist areas where the costs would otherwise be met by the locals rather than the users. OTOH I've come across a few recently that have been community maintained, some with real pride and flair, so obviously there's some willingness to provide for others. I also remember reading of a local council that were paying commercial concerns (Shops, pubs and cafes) to open their toilets for none customers and that was a cheaper option than keeping the public services open.
I'm more concerned with the closures than the small charge to use those open, there's been plenty of those recently, I hope we don't end up with none.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Thornyone wrote:
pete75 wrote:20p? If I drop one I don't even bother to pick it up. Whoever does is welcome - they obviously need it more than I do.

But if you have a prostate like mine it’s not just a 20p one off. If you imagine a dog (well, the owner, I suppose) paying 20p every time it passes a lamp post, you might get the idea. I’d be talking several pee-pounds a week. Come to think of it, maybe a dog-pee charge isn’t a bad idea: some of my council tax a while back was spent on treating lamp posts along a “cycle track” (i.e. dog pee-and-poo alley) to prevent dog-pee corrosion :lol:

Sound sto me like you need to lay off the fluids. If it don't go in it won't come out. :wink:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pete75 wrote:
Thornyone wrote:

Sound sto me like you need to lay off the fluids. If it don't go in it won't come out. :wink:

A bulldog clip may help :shock:

BTW I only yesterday got the all clear for my Prostate biopsy :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

reohn2 wrote:You mean in the way all cyclist RLJ,and cars(modern men)don't ? :roll:

Not really. I meant that whereas males seem for long to have had a reputation for distasteful or yobbish behaviour, many modern females now prove their equality by indulging in precisely the sort of (undesirable) behaviour which was once considered the preserve of the male, e.g getting disgustingly drunk, getting into brawls and, it would seem, public crapping.
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

reohn2 wrote:A bulldog clip may help :shock:

BTW I only yesterday got the all clear for my Prostate biopsy :D

Bulldog clip for me or the bull- and other dogs? :lol: Good news re your biopsy, BTW. Unfortunately, I have probably inherited the likelihood of serious prostate enlargement. My father had a prostate “the size of a grapefruit” according to his urologist and had awful problems, and his dad had problems too.