Partridge Cycles, Exeter

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Si

Partridge Cycles, Exeter

Post by Si »

Partridge Cycles, Exeter https://www.partridgecycles.co.uk/

They are a Giant dealer who appear to have a special deal with Giant - when Giant bikes are sent out to shops and get minor cosmetic damage such that they can't be sold as pristine, many go to Partridge Cycles who sell them with a bit of a discount.

I had looked at a Giant AnyRoad 1 and found it to be just what I wanted in terms of frame fit (I need a short, high front end for my dodgy neck) and has the right kit on it. Problem was that when I tried one at a different shop I found that in my size, 'M', we couldn't get the seat post up enough - it has a Giant D-Fuse post so you can't just swap it with any old long MTB post you might have lying around. Thus I didn't buy one. The shop I was looking at were good about it - telling me not to have it if it didn't fit right, but couldn't do anything to make it fit.

Roll forward a bit - saw one on Partridge's website. Emailed a query about the "Cosmetic Damage"...thinking that I might get a really tall saddle and bodge it make it fit that way. Within 10mins I got a reply with a lot of photos attached showing all the damage in nice, clear, close up photos. To be honest, apart from two I had a hard time picking out what the damage was on the rest, it was so small! The two that I could see the damage had paint chips a few mm long.

10 mins after that Partridge Cycles phoned me to see if they could offer any further help - in a very friendly, non-pushy way. I mentioned the issue with the seat post and he said he'd chat to the mechanic and call back in 5 mins...which he did. They'd managed to find me an extra long post and were happy to swap it for free.

So, I got me a brand new bike (last year's model which is better than this), with full warranty etc, a couple of small paint chips, reduced from £1300 to £700 inc delivery (came in three working days - very well packed).

All in all I have to say that I'm very happy with them and the service.

The other thing I noticed is that when I normally assemble a new bike I get slightly stressed as I don't want to scratch or mark it in any way...but as it came with two mini scratches I wasn't at all worried this time!
Cyril Haearn

Re: Partridge Cycles, Exeter

Post by Cyril Haearn »

In what way is the 2017 model better?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Si

Re: Partridge Cycles, Exeter

Post by Si »

Its yellow