Google Maps Disabled access Maps - Sustrans?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Vorpal

Re: Google Maps Disabled access Maps - Sustrans?

Post by Vorpal »

There are a number of other threads on this forum about Sustrans barriers. Finding out where they are is often a topic of discussion, even when that wasn't what started the thread. Here is one thread that also has links to previous threads viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92505
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Alan58

Post by Alan58 »

Hi People: just an update: I have had no reply from Scope or Sustrans to this point. Which I must say I am disappointed about.

However I also contacted my local MP Mr Yasin Bedford and Kempston and I have to say that Mr Yasin and Pip Sadler in particular have been really supportive. A letter has gone to the MP Jo Johnson Minister of State for Transport and we await the reply.

On a local level i have been put in touch with the local Walking and Cycling Officer and I will raise a couple of points with him.

I have also become aware of a small charity Wheels for Wellbeing and the great work they appear to be doing supporting people with disabilities and cycling- have a look at their website for information

On a personal note I set off on LEJOG on the 6 May - it is getting very close now - beginning to get just a little nervous
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Good luck with both your campaigning and your big ride. :D
Alan58

Post by Alan58 »

Many thanks for you kind thoughts Thirdcrank it is much appreciated