Trice Borealis shell for sale. NOW SOLD!!

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
D.TEK HPVS

Re: Trice Borealis shell for sale.

Post by D.TEK HPVS »

Before folk get carried away ...a few comments .
The history of this Borealis
Previous owners :-
ICE Works One of a pair * it was used as a "Mule" to disguise and hide the current suspension system during development work .
Also raced at BHPC events including the Euro championships at Bentwaters in Suffolk (Great track name don't you think )
D.TEK Little Thetford as an ICE UK Premier dealer acquired it and it was used by Kevin for shows and publicity purposes
After a few years it was placed on the open market still with the ICE works tastefull graphics .
Sold to a gent in Kent who added an electric drive ...and a Euro cockpit canopy ....and lighting ...
,,,,,,,,,,,.but preferred his Renault Twizzy because you don't have to pedal it .,,,,,and sold within a few months .
To a man from near Doncaster ......he was a monster rider and managed to push his claw like hands through the bodywork .
Unless of course it was lifelike graphics .
Now the important bit
It was only designed for the ICE Q NT (*narrow track)
The Q wide track will not fit unless you are capable of major remodeling to create wider wheel arches and internal mods .
The current SPRINT is in fact Medium track when compared to the old Q series (*production ceased in late 2009)
However the rear section also changed in 2010 and the old "Elephant twin tusk " replaced .
So if you are still tempted and own a 20" rear wheel suspended Sprint it will stil require many mods to acheive a good fit .
If you wish to purchase Carls Borealis Shell and own a Sprint ?
I have the old style TUSK Q rear suspension units in stock and they will fit the Sprint series main cruciform .
So perhaps that would allow a simple solution .

If anyone requires pictures taken whilst I was the custodian please send a message

Hope that helps Kevin D.TEK
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Is yours drum brakes?
Dynamo?

Drums yes, dynamo no. All standard Trice kit, 9 speed Capreo cassette, twist shifters, mesh seat.
The photobucket images don't work !!!
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

D.TEK HPVS wrote:Before folk get carried away ...a few comments .
The history of this Borealis
Previous owners :-
ICE Works One of a pair * it was used as a "Mule" to disguise and hide the current suspension system during development work .
Also raced at BHPC events including the Euro championships at Bentwaters in Suffolk (Great track name don't you think )
D.TEK Little Thetford as an ICE UK Premier dealer acquired it and it was used by Kevin for shows and publicity purposes
After a few years it was placed on the open market still with the ICE works tastefull graphics .
Sold to a gent in Kent who added an electric drive ...and a Euro cockpit canopy ....and lighting ...
,,,,,,,,,,,.but preferred his Renault Twizzy because you don't have to pedal it .,,,,,and sold within a few months .
To a man from near Doncaster ......he was a monster rider and managed to push his claw like hands through the bodywork .
Unless of course it was lifelike graphics .
Now the important bit
It was only designed for the ICE Q NT (*narrow track)
The Q wide track will not fit unless you are capable of major remodeling to create wider wheel arches and internal mods .
The current SPRINT is in fact Medium track when compared to the old Q series (*production ceased in late 2009)
However the rear section also changed in 2010 and the old "Elephant twin tusk " replaced .
So if you are still tempted and own a 20" rear wheel suspended Sprint it will stil require many mods to acheive a good fit .
If you wish to purchase Carls Borealis Shell and own a Sprint ?
I have the old style TUSK Q rear suspension units in stock and they will fit the Sprint series main cruciform .
So perhaps that would allow a simple solution .

If anyone requires pictures taken whilst I was the custodian please send a message

Hope that helps Kevin D.TEK
[XAP]Bob wrote:Is yours drum brakes?
Dynamo?

Cheers for the info. I guess to just sell the shell, it’d go to someone in the position I was in a few years ago. I owned a (different) QNT but would’ve given my right nut for a reasonably priced Borealis shell. That said, if there is a QNT rider out there, obviously it’d be much easier to take that QNT as p/ex. Was looking forward the riding the QNT ‘naked’ just to experience the front suspension. It works well with the weight of the shell, but having never ridden a fs trike......
bryan.fanson1

Post by bryan.fanson1 »

fossala wrote:Too expensive for me at the moment and I'm only just starting to dip my toes into the recumbent thing, although after seeing the advert I've spent an hour on youtube watching velomobile videos... I live in hilly Cornwall and dragging my QNT up the hills is already fairly slow, how much does the shell/battery/whole enclosure weigh and what effect does it have on acceleration and hill climbing?
Exactly my thoughts. I live near Land's End and it's a beautiful place to be able to ride at any time, but man do you pay for it in hill climbing. One more change to the gearing and I think I'm set. Don't fancy pulling the velo up the hills but would love to try one down the other side Wayhey!
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

bryan.fanson1 wrote:
fossala wrote:Too expensive for me at the moment and I'm only just starting to dip my toes into the recumbent thing, although after seeing the advert I've spent an hour on youtube watching velomobile videos... I live in hilly Cornwall and dragging my QNT up the hills is already fairly slow, how much does the shell/battery/whole enclosure weigh and what effect does it have on acceleration and hill climbing?
Exactly my thoughts. I live near Land's End and it's a beautiful place to be able to ride at any time, but man do you pay for it in hill climbing. One more change to the gearing and I think I'm set. Don't fancy pulling the velo up the hills but would love to try one down the other side Wayhey!

I’ve not come across an unclimbable hill on the Borealis yet. That includes Sprotbrough Falls, which completely defeated me on the Raptobike, and I only just get up on a road bike. It wasn’t fast, it wasn’t pretty, and yes I could’ve crawled up on my hands and knees faster, but make it I did, and without breaking sweat......just like on a normal trike with low gearing. :D
BlackPanther

Re: Trice Borealis shell for sale. NOW SOLD!

Post by BlackPanther »

Borealis now sold, thanks for all the interest, Carl.