VILLIERS-VELO TOURISTE

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mike Mecham

VILLIERS-VELO TOURISTE

Post by Mike Mecham »

I am looking to buy a new custom built tourer. I like in Essex and Villiers-Velo are not too far from me being located in Rochester. Does anyone out there have experiences of Villiers-Velo and/or their touring bikes. Mike
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Hello,
I know the trader Paul Villiers and can tell you that in my experience he is a really genuine bloke who will go out of his way to please a customer. I also can say he is a traditional type of cyclist.
John.
Mike Mecham

VILLERS-vELO

Post by Mike Mecham »

Thanks, John. Very helpful. Sounds good. I plan to visit the shop some time. Mike
gaz

Post by gaz »

I've made some very brief enquiries about a refurb. Paul is extremely busy.

The advice he gave me was extremely good. He's definitely on the list next time I need a frame.
Mike Mecham

VILLIERS-VELO

Post by Mike Mecham »

Hi Gaz,

Many thanks for your invaluable comments. I have also had an e-mail from Paul Villiers, probably the most helpful and welcoming that I have ever had in the bike business. On that basis alone, I am very excited about the Villiers bikes.

Best wishes,

Mike
Colin Stanley

Post by Colin Stanley »

MM,
Paul upgraded an old curly Hetchins for me. His workmanship is excellent.
Can't wait for him to finish on a similar job on my old Geoff Butler with nervex lugs.
Mike Mecham

VILLIERS-VELO

Post by Mike Mecham »

Great stuff, Colin. Many thanks. Mike
lb1dej

Post by lb1dej »

I had a very helpful phone conversation with him but reluctantly decided he was too far away from me. Nice website.
Dave
Mike Mecham

VILLERS-VELO

Post by Mike Mecham »

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your reply. Paul could not have been more helpful to me. Fortunately, I am not too far, across the other side of the river in Essex, which is a real plus together with all the comments I have received on this forum.

Best wishes,

Mike