Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Si

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by Si »

Yep, that's one of the pedals that came on it...swapped for SPDs.
Yep, the seat is more or less the same height as the bars....can't be doing with these bikes that have the bars 4 inches below the saddle any more.
Yep, it's a model railway....that also works well as a bike stand :-) .
Patrickpioneer

Post by Patrickpioneer »

My Rat bike, its like my dog, dirty, smelly and I love it

it was a Peugeot Aspin from 1986 but in 2018 I snapped the chain stay, RIP Rat bike, you died a hero's death.
Attachments
rat222.JPG
Last edited by Patrickpioneer on 9 Dec 2018, 6:20am, edited 1 time in total.
archy sturmer

Post by archy sturmer »

Here's my Marin Bolinas, early 1990s vintage, and an Ebay bargain when I got it in 2006. Vivid colour adds charm, as does the unusual front brake cable arrangement. The bike comes out occasionally – in good weather and (with nobbly tyres) in snow.
Attachments
DSCF3159 2.JPG
DSCF3157 2.JPG
rjb

Post by rjb »

You'd have difficulty saying "smidsy" with that one. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

+ is the front brake cable fraying where it goes over the roller?
You'll never know if you don't try it.
archy sturmer

Post by archy sturmer »

Yes, Cycleruk - I really ought to delve into the box of bits and find a new one!
That's not a recent photo, by the way
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

My newly built Spa Steel Touring. The Vantage was recently killed but this rides soooooooooo much nicer.

20180527_073156-590x388.jpg
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
PH

Post by PH »

Vantage wrote:My newly built Spa Steel Touring. The Vantage was recently killed but this rides soooooooooo much nicer.

very very very nice,
freiston

Post by freiston »

PH wrote:
Vantage wrote:My newly built Spa Steel Touring. The Vantage was recently killed but this rides soooooooooo much nicer.

very very very nice,

I couldn't have put it better :)
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
freiston

Post by freiston »

Are they your old mudguards from the Vantage?
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Nice! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

freiston wrote:Are they your old mudguards from the Vantage?

Indeed they are. 700c guards wrapped around 26" wheels. I wondered if they'd bend enough but other than a bit of trimming at the back of the front mudguard, they went on nicely :)
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your original bicycle, i hope you weren't to badly hurt. Should you have any spare time i'd welcome a close up of the rear light and how it's attached to the mudguard.
It's time to go :-)
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

cycle tramp wrote:Sorry to hear about the loss of your original bicycle, i hope you weren't to badly hurt. Should you have any spare time i'd welcome a close up of the rear light and how it's attached to the mudguard.

It was a low speed bump that stopped the bike in its tracks and I fell to the right unable to unclip. The rear mech hanger was bent but the bolt that secures the replaceable dropout was also seized and attempts to straighten it whilst still attached to the frame resulted in both the frame and hanger being bent out of place. It was always a awkward handling bike tbh so I was glad of the excuse to replace it :)

The rear lamp bracket started life as a small sheet of 3mm aluminium sheet that I bought on Amazon for about £10. Lots of jigsawing and dremeling then took place.
It just allows me to fit and remove the rack as I see fit without having to rewire and remount the light. I thought I'd make it nice to look at too...:)

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG
Bill

fixerupper

Post by fixerupper »

This is my latest bike , it's not new, 2005 ish but been very well kept ..I cant find a mark on it ...I'm gonna stick some tractor tires on it and make it a CLODHOPPER....the slicks that came with it are a bit fragile for the roads around here ...

IMGP3106.jpg
IMGP3106.jpg (34.97 KiB) Viewed 6891 times