Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
firedfromthecircus

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by firedfromthecircus »

Think my previous pics have been eaten by the photobucket monster so here's a pic of my Ryan Vanguard (with new tail pack, sadly not an Arkel, fitted!) from this mornings ride.

cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Sidestand? Sheer luxury :)
Sometimes in life things happen for a reason. And sometimes that reason is because you are stupid and make bad decisions!
hercule

Post by hercule »

If you can fit one (and most recumbent bikes can have one bodged on) a side stand is really useful to tilt the back wheel off the ground to facilitate stationary gear changes...
hercule

Post by hercule »

firedfromthecircus wrote:Think my previous pics have been eaten by the photobucket monster so here's a pic of my Ryan Vanguard (with new tail pack, sadly not an Arkel, fitted!) from this mornings ride.

And a red Arkel would have fitted in so well with your colour scheme! :lol:
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

cpcnw wrote:Sidestand? Sheer luxury :)

Or a necessity for a non-racer like this one. :wink:

hercule wrote:
firedfromthecircus wrote:Think my previous pics have been eaten by the photobucket monster so here's a pic of my Ryan Vanguard (with new tail pack, sadly not an Arkel, fitted!) from this mornings ride.

And a red Arkel would have fitted in so well with your colour scheme! :lol:

You are not making my Arkel envy any better! :lol:
superstar555

Post by superstar555 »

Vangelo wrote:Just joined forum....looking for other members in my area (Northants)

Been riding 3 years........started with a 2nd hand HP Speed Machine:
Didnt really like the small front wheel or the over-engineered front suspension. Modified to this as soon as I worked up the courage:
You may notice I had to jack up the suspension to retain front geometry, but this had the added bonus of eliminating the idler presenting the chain with a straight run. Bike was totally transformed after this modification.

I was intrigued by the stick bikes & when these appeared second hand I snapped them up:
The Team has gone home to Italy where I spend a few weeks in the year & get some great rides!

Finally, a Far Eastern Performer:
.....my fave :D

Hi,

I intended to do EXACTLY what you did to your SPEEDMACHINE until I found your post... It's brilliant!
We're probably the 2 only in the whole world that want to do that conversion ha!

I also got a 2nd hand Speedmachine and it's stock. I have the aero bar though. And I replaced the original shock with a Manitou McLeod.

Anyhow, first I'm kind of stumped with what to do with the fork suspension situation... so I was wondering if you could shed some light
I see that the rubber boot is still there.. did you keep the suspension at all or is this a rigid fork? Do you have details on the fork? Brand?
Are the wheels 700c or 559? I think that a 700c could actually fit in the rear on my bike.

Basically I want to set it up so it's no longer a touring bike but more like a quick road bike like a Bacchetta Corsa for example.

You maintained the geometry by raising the rear... I can see where you've added the small piece to the shock. Nicely done.
But what can you tell me on the resulting feel?
Is it as "twitchy" as the stock form or did it become more stable?

I can tinker but I'm trying to follow your footsteps to avoid trial and error.

I appreciate your help and I understand this is an older post so I really hope I can reach you!

Thank you kindly from Canada

Denis
hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

OK, so its not mine, but I thought it'd be good to share a photo of a Hase Trigo. Its owner and I had agreed to head out on a morning's ride, and he's well-pleased with his choice - 3x8 gears, a differential to drive both rear wheels, independent rear disc brakes (with parking brake lever) and variety of seat inclination and height settings. I'm hoping he'll take some more photos - :wink:
Hase Trigo at West Stow Village 07May18 b.jpg
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I like the Trigo concept. The "umbrella" fairing for it is very interesting, makes a possible alternative to a velomobile in terms of weather protection.
Wonderbadger

Post by Wonderbadger »

Pic of my Giro 26 - not the most inspiring photograph but it was on my first ride out 6 months ago so I was pleased to get anywhere without incident. :D

Andy

Andy Giro 26.jpg
Last edited by Wonderbadger on 3 Jun 2018, 7:21pm, edited 4 times in total.
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

Hi Andy, doesn't appear to be a picture there. Where is the source of the picture?
Built f' comfort.
Wonderbadger

Post by Wonderbadger »

jayjay wrote:Hi Andy, doesn't appear to be a picture there. Where is the source of the picture?

Thank you for letting me know, I couldn't see how to add pics so used a link to google photos which is a method which seems to have worked before - might be there now?
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Wonderbadger wrote:Pic of my Giro 26 - not the most inspiring photograph but it was on my first ride out 6 months ago so I was pleased to get anywhere without incident. :D

Andy

Andy Giro 26.jpg

I'm glad you had no "incident", Andy. I do remember mine whilst I was still upskilling on a 2 wheel 'bent.
However, I would suggest that if you park regularly at the end of this runway, you might get the type of incident you weren't expecting!!
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

hercule wrote:If you can fit one (and most recumbent bikes can have one bodged on) a side stand is really useful to tilt the back wheel off the ground to facilitate stationary gear changes...

Talking about bodging..... a few tase ago I came across an Optima trike that had been motorised, but could not work out what the two rods with ball end were

When I enquired they were a "work stand" that allowed the rear of the trike to be raised off the ground and supported!
fossala

Post by fossala »

My Trice Micro. Only around 50 of them made. It's faster and somehow more comfortable than the QNT, I think it's the carbon fibre bucket seat. Image
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Slightly OT
Taken the Kettwiesel out for a run.....

Pulled into the Car Park and went into the Pub

Multiple Audi’s, BMW and Range Rovers

Barmaid......
Love your car, it is the coolest in the Car Park

Entirely reinforced after she took a spin round the car park

So German Engineering... Kettwieselel is cooler than Audi or BMW
Shame......

I am not 30 years younger
Single
I had a second Kettwiesel in Tandem formation
Last edited by Cunobelin on 25 Jun 2018, 6:33am, edited 1 time in total.