Photos or footage of Leith Hill climb

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Pollyperkins

Photos or footage of Leith Hill climb

Post by Pollyperkins »

Does anyone have any photos or footage of Leith Hill Road, (approx between Leith hIll Place and Starveall Corner Car Park) any time from 07/08/15 - 31/07/16 please? It is to help clarify some road signs that were turned round the wrong way. This is regarding a matter of prevention of future deaths on this section of road. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm happy to trawl through films and photos of this section of road! Many thanks
thirdcrank

Re: Photos or footage of Leith Hill climb

Post by thirdcrank »

Have you tried streetview? You can check earlier versions if there have been several visits by the google car
Pollyperkins

Post by Pollyperkins »

Google shows July 2015, I'm not sure how to find if they've taken more street views since, but presume if they have, they might have replaced the 2015 pictures.

We have 2nd August 2015 on various segments on strava and they show the same as the Google.

Then by the segments on strava of the Ride London event in 2016 they show the signs are round the wrong way round.

Thank you for your suggestion.
keyboardmonkey

Post by keyboardmonkey »

This is a ride report (with some picture of Leith Hill) from 31.7.16

http://cottinghamroadclub.co.uk/2016/08 ... idelondon/

If the pictures aren't great if you contact him he may have the video the stills were taken from on file. Worth a try, maybe?
Pollyperkins

Post by Pollyperkins »

Thank you keyboardmonkey, that's very kind of you. I will give him a try :)
matt_twam_asi

Post by matt_twam_asi »

There's a mapillary ride from 12/03/2016 going from Leith Hill Place past Starveall car park: https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=51.1 ... ocus=photo
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

I ride Leith Hill regularly from the Etherly farm direction and up to the car park at the top. The only deaths I’m aware of happened on the Ride London. That wasn’t to do with the road signs.