Panniers

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Andyforr84

Panniers

Post by Andyforr84 »

I'm looking for 2 pannier bags, I think a combined 30L should be adequate as I want to travel as light as possible.

Ideally I'd like waterproof and lightweight but realistically with my budget of sub £50 I realise covers may be more likely and I may not be in a position to haggle on weight!

I've been looking at altura bags mainly as they are prominent in search results, are they a good brand? Are there any other brands to consider? I'm happy to go second hand too.

Thanks

Andy
rjb

Re: Panniers

Post by rjb »

Ive got a pair of Altura Arran 46 panniers for sale. £50 posted to you or collect from Taunton Somerset. They have never been used and about time i made space in the garage. They retail for £70 :wink:
PM me if interested
DSCF0285.JPG
DSCF0284.JPG
DSCF0283.JPG
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

I've got some brand new Ortlieb style Lidl panniers - yours for £15 collect or plus the appropriate postage. Can get you pictures when I get home from York.

Again PM me if you are interested
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
A7 Simon

Post by A7 Simon »

We have just done LEJoG using SJS Cycles cheapest panniers, 30 litres the pair.

They were fine, the main clips are metal.
We didn't really find out how waterproof they were, we had almost no rain.
I took a pair of drybags as liners, anyway.

Currently £9.99 a pair. Very good value.

Simon