Shaved legs ... Who shaves yours ????

atoz

Re: Shaved legs ... Who shaves yours ????

Post by atoz »

mercalia wrote:not a good idea. hair on legs and arms helps keep the bugs at bay, big bugs cant get thru the "forest".

Ah, but ticks prefer hairy legs..helps them get an anchor prior to digging in with their mouthparts- ugh..
steve browne

Post by steve browne »

They don't need doing!
A quick internet trawl revealed 'Benign anterolateral leg alopecia' which apparently occurs in up to 35% of males and was first described in the 1920s. Nice to have an official name for it, and very reassuring to know one is not alone!
atoz

Post by atoz »

crazydave789 wrote:real men pluck.

I shaved mine for years but they seem to dehair themselves nowadays so its not worth the bother now.

as for the ladies most seemed to find it quite kinky for me to have a hairy chest but smooth legs.

Yes- I've noticed some ladies are quite appreciative...
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

mercalia wrote:not a good idea. hair on legs and arms helps keep the bugs at bay, big bugs cant get thru the "forest".

that was not true for me a couple of weeks ago, bitten all over. I am real hairy all over (except my head ! ) and I would never shave my legs, it is a pure vanity thing for most and some legs look awful shaved ....

I am not a woman ha ha
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

But the small bugs just get trapped in the the hair. With shaved legs, they just bounce off. Unless you use baby oil, in which case they just get trapped in the oil.

I'm finding as I get older that I have less hair where I should have it (head and legs), and more hair where I shouldn't have it (nose, ears and back).
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

elle86 wrote:I am shocked...don't you guys have leg hair?

I mean I am a woman and I need to shave my legs like every other week. Which I thought was not bad.

I generally do mine about fortnightly unless i'm riding an event when they get done the night before. If I wanted to keep them hair free i'd need to do the job at least weekly!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Many years ago I shaved my legs, I know it sounds odd I quite liked the feel of smooth legs (maybe I should have been a woman) I let is grow back, but I hated it so shaved then again and now shave from the neck down..... well I still like my long hair and beard.

I hate to break it to you Yakdriver but... women have hairy legs too! :wink:
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
Christine

Post by Christine »

Shame there's no 'Like' link, what a must read for us women, men talking about leg shaving or not or how !
Yes women have leg hair too, believe it or not, ok some more than others, bit like you guys by the sound of it.
cyclemad

Post by cyclemad »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Mick F wrote:No-one shaves mine.
I don't shave at all - anywhere.
Absolutely bald all over my whole body with lovely smooth skin.
I lost the lot a couple of years ago, and I'd be distraught if any hair grew back.
Chatting to various men and women about my universal baldness, it's surprising how many of them are envious.

Some of the older ladies envy my bald head, though the younger ones don't, but all envy my bald arms, legs and "naughty bits" ........... I don't show those off of course! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
You ever thought of modeling :mrgreen:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

This is me before I lost my hair.
'David'_by_Michelangelo_JBU0001.JPG
'David'_by_Michelangelo_JBU0001.JPG (15.47 KiB) Viewed 606 times
Mick F. Cornwall
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

But where does one draw the line?Just above the shorts? Nope i'd look like I was wearing furry shorts then. At the Speedo level? Same effect but higher. Waist? Now there my wife refuses to get involved!
Xilter

Post by Xilter »

I’m just not ready for that commitment. I’m still battling the gawking disgust from my daughters/wife seeing me in Lycra. I thought I’d give it a go to see what the hype was about. I’m still not convinced about it I just feel awkward. But shaving my legs would def be a step too far for me.
My poor poor bottom
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Simple height guide is toes to shoulders :shock: