Carrying my Ice Trike on a Motorhome

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Alan58

Carrying my Ice Trike on a Motorhome

Post by Alan58 »

Hi I have an Ice Adventure: I was wondering if anyone knew the best way of carrying it on the back of my motorhome? I have a tow bar if required. My wife also has a bike. My motorhome is a Swift Suntor 4 berth. Kind regards Alan
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Carrying my Ice Trike on a Motorhome

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I reinforced the rear panel of my "Coach" built motorhome to take a four bike rack!
(not possible with sandwich glued up panel on yours, anything is possible though)
Best bet will be towbar type rack..........but do they make one....some modification to motorhome / rack I see will be required.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

In the US there are a lot of tower based racks out there...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
crossfire

Post by crossfire »

Trailer? rear wheels at back and front hanging over draw bar? Difficult to see from a motorhome but flag on bike may help if you can see through the `van.
Just an idea
john
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

One of the most common ways to carry a trike is a tow bar mounted bike rack

Then place the trike rear wheel uppermost on the rack and secure to the roof with a strap..... or if posh a SeaSucker
climo

Post by climo »

Pendle 4 bike towbar carrier with the main tubes extended by roughly 30cm. I've got one off bay and will be doing that. Pendle say its not a good idea but I would say that a folded trike weighs a lot less than 4 bikes. Pendle also make a trike specific rack but at over £300 it seems a bit high priced.