Jersey Channel Islands, around the Coast Road

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Paul Smith SRCC

Re: Jersey Channel Islands, around the Coast Road

Post by Paul Smith SRCC »

drossall wrote:
Paul Smith SRCC wrote:Now that sounds appealing; very, do you have the route?

After some advance research, we pinched this one. My ride report is near the end of this thread. I rather simplified things in my hurried earlier posts by saying it was a ride round the coast; it's more like a ride round every available road in the place. Except the ones in the south east where it's the same road down and up to a point on the coast - the route leaves those out.

That looks ideal drossall, many thanks :D
G.jpg
Paul Smith. 37 Years in the Cycle Trade
My personal cycling blog, Bike Fitter at C & N Cycles
Member of the Pedal Club
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

@ Paul Smith
I would add Jerbourg (St. Martin's Point) on the S/E tip of Guernsey. You a great view of the other islands - you can see Jersey, France, Sark, Herm, St Peter Port, the Pea Stacks, the posh houses in Fort George, and often cruise ships anchored in the Little Russel during the summer.

Broadly speaking:

Jersey is south facing - the high parts of the island is the north coast - with St Helier in the south being the low part - it is south facing.
    Guernsey is the opposite - north facing - the high part of the island is the south coast and the low part everything north of that !
Paul Smith SRCC

Mattie wrote:@ Paul Smith, I would add Jerbourg (St. Martin's Point) on the S/E tip of Guernsey....

Noted, many thanks
Member of the Pedal Club
Paul Smith SRCC

drossall wrote:We did 57 miles round Guernsey, but we went down every possible coastal road, and did some bonus loops :D

Paul Smith SRCC wrote:
Mattie wrote:@ Paul Smith, I would add Jerbourg (St. Martin's Point) on the S/E tip of Guernsey....

Noted, many thanks

Many thanks Mattie and drossall, partly inspired by you both I actually stayed in St. Martins and Jerbourg one of my first places I cycled to, click for full write up

Member of the Pedal Club