Bike-transport bag storage, London

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
msovereign

Bike-transport bag storage, London

Post by msovereign »

Hi, I'm planning a cycling trip for this fall, flying into London with my bike, then off riding for 4 weeks before flying home again. I need to store my bike bag while I'm travelling. Any suggestions for longish-term storage in London or vicinity that won't cost more than the bike bag is worth?

thanks,
Murray Sovereign - Canada
Marcus Aurelius

Re: Bike-transport bag storage, London

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

https://stasher.com

Check this site out. It’s a cheap way to stash your stuff in London.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

According to Stasher website - £6 first day, then £5 per day. 4 weeks will be about 26 - 28 days storage. £6 + (26x£5 = £130) = £136. I suspect this will exceed the cost of the bag.

The usual way of doing this is to try to store the bag at your first hotel, is that an option? Or maybe warmshowers.

Which airport are you flying into and what is your first stop. Maybe someone here can help (not me I'm afraid as I live too far away).
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

simonhill wrote:According to Stasher website - £6 first day, then £5 per day. 4 weeks will be about 26 - 28 days storage. £6 + (26x£5 = £130) = £136. I suspect this will exceed the cost of the bag.

The usual way of doing this is to try to store the bag at your first hotel, is that an option? Or maybe warmshowers.

Which airport are you flying into and what is your first stop. Maybe someone here can help (not me I'm afraid as I live too far away).

Yes, I've done this at hotels before with no charge. Warm showers hosts also likely to be pretty relaxed about this.