** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by al_yrpal »

sjs wrote:
al_yrpal wrote: Like me Mick, and many other Brexit voters you are an optimist :D. Eyore like pessimists should be politely ignored.

Al

And also like you and many other Brexit voters, he is retired.

My kids and grandkids arent and like everyone else I care about them and their future.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:If you dont aim for what you want you will never achieve anything, thats the thing that Remainers dont appear to understand. We realise that we might not get we want immediately.

Al

What are you specifically aiming for?
What will be better when the UK loses half it's seemless border and closest trading partners?
What will happen when the UK wants to trade in the WTO when the trading block it's just rejected and caused one almighty headache has the vote tostop the UK entering the WTO,which is only one huge obsticle the UK has to overcome in it's exiting the EU.

Tosay remainers don't understand the situation the UK is entering in to is to seriously misunderstand what's about to happen at the hands of brexit voters and a totally and uttterly incompetent and corrupt government.
Last edited by reohn2 on 16 Sep 2018, 7:30pm, edited 2 times in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:The Brexit plan was quite clear, everyone including every single remainer knows exactly what it is. The difficult part has been getting the EU to agree to continue free trade whilst we trade freely on agreed terms with whomsoever else we want to, control our own borders and fisheries and restore the supremacy of our own parliament. Simple as that.

Al

Aah the good old have cake and eat it plan. That was never going to work was it?
Why have you put a picture of Jeremy Corbyn in your posts?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

al_yrpal wrote:If you dont aim for what you want you will never achieve anything, thats the thing that Remainers dont appear to understand. We realise that we might not get we want immediately.

Al

That's not what we were sold.
We were told the EU would be desperate to give us what they wanted, that we'd have billions of extra cash, that as soon as we left we'd be signing up trade deals left right and centre and that there were already people queuing up to sign them.
At no point were we told it'd be crap even for a bit - not by the leave camp at any rate.

But you're still making assertions without anything to back them up.
What are we aiming for? How are we going to do it? What is it going to achieve? When is it going to achieve it? What about all the well documented problems brexit has, how are we going to solve them?

I don't expect you or any leaver to have the answers, because if you did you'd have published them already and probably even have a cosy position advising May.
If there were real answers the government wouldn't be fighting amongst itself, we wouldn't need thousands of civil servants and be squandering millions looking for something that isn't a complete failure - just a bit of one.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

The Brexit plan was quite clear, everyone including every single remainer knows exactly what it is. The difficult part has been getting the EU to agree to continue free trade whilst we trade freely on agreed terms with whomsoever else we want to, control our own borders and fisheries and restore the supremacy of our own parliament. Simple as that. I am having to repeat myself…. :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:The Brexit plan was quite clear, everyone including every single remainer knows exactly what it is. The difficult part has been getting the EU to agree to continue free trade whilst we trade freely on agreed terms with whomsoever else we want to, control our own borders and fisheries and restore the supremacy of our own parliament. Simple as that. I am having to repeat myself…. :lol:

Al

And so am I. :roll:

Aah the good old have cake and eat it plan. That was never going to work was it?
Why have you put a picture of Jeremy Corbyn in your posts?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Black and White.
We're all going round in circles.

Remain voters want us to stop where we are safe and cosy.
Leave voters want us to move forward into the unknown.

I'm out. The circle is becoming boring.
Mick F. Cornwall
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

al_yrpal wrote:The Brexit plan was quite clear, everyone including every single remainer knows exactly what it is. The difficult part has been getting the EU to agree to continue free trade whilst we trade freely on agreed terms with whomsoever else we want to, control our own borders and fisheries and restore the supremacy of our own parliament. Simple as that. I am having to repeat myself…. :lol:

Al

Doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, doesn't make it suddenly simple.

Free trade with the EU comes with many conditions and attachments, not least of which is staying in the EU.
You want out that's fine. Example deals are all around, pick one.
That's the simple option.

The only thing that's making it complicated is us trying to have our cake and eat it.
But we knew that before didn't we, both leaver and remainers knew that if we left the EU would treat us as any other external party.
Except of course for those in charge of the leave campaign who told the gullible public that it wouldn't work like that, the EU would be falling over themselves blah blah blah.
broadway

Post by broadway »

Al

Really, there wasn't a Brexit plan so how could it be clear?
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Mick F wrote:I'm out. The circle is becoming boring.

Leaving is how you propose fixing the issues we have with the EU, this thread is just a microcosm of that I guess.

Brexit offers so much possibility of discussion, the problems, potential solutions etc etc.
I wonder why leavers are so reticent to engage in it...
mr bajokoses

Post by mr bajokoses »

Al

Seems the government doesn't realise how simple it is. Perhaps you should advise them...
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Continuation of Free Trade with the EU, and the ability to trade freely on agreed terms with whomsoever else we want to, control our own borders and fisheries and restoring the supremacy of our own parliament. Thats the plan, its as simple as that, no what ifs, no obsfucation, no caveats. No point in going round and round in circles..

Al
mr bajokoses

Post by mr bajokoses »

al_yrpal wrote:Continuation of Free Trade with the EU, and the ability to trade freely on agreed terms with whomsoever else we want to, control our own borders and fisheries and restoring the supremacy of our own parliament. Thats the plan, its as simple as that, no what ifs, no obsfucation, no caveats. No point in going round and round in circles..

Al

Given that you will have to sacrifice one of a. peace in Ireland or b. the United Kingdom...

... which will you choose, and why?
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

mr bajokoses wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Continuation of Free Trade with the EU, and the ability to trade freely on agreed terms with whomsoever else we want to, control our own borders and fisheries and restoring the supremacy of our own parliament. Thats the plan, its as simple as that, no what ifs, no obsfucation, no caveats. No point in going round and round in circles..

Al

Given that you will have to sacrifice one of a. peace in Ireland or b. the United Kingdom...

... which will you choose, and why?

Lose a piece of Ireland!
Now which bit would I choose?
The bit that really can't sort itself out for 50 years, I think.
Now that might almost be a price worth paying! :twisted:
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

What peace in Northern Ireland ?The bombing may almost have stopped (the odd prison worker and copper still gets targeted now and again), but there's violence a plenty. The older PIRA generation are now pensioners so aren't up to in themselves, and thats why the maknland attacks have faltered. The younger groups are as nasty and violent as ever. Even worse, they've discovered that the drug trade is very profitable, so they've turned a portion of their violence towards that instead. Plenty or people still getting the six pack for their troubles, it just doesn't make the news like it used to. The idea of peace having broken out is a chimaera.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.