A6 North of Lancaster

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Tangled Metal

A6 North of Lancaster

Post by Tangled Metal »

Saw a few riders fully loaded again this morning just north of Lancaster. I hope you are having a good end to end of that was your group. I see a lot on the A6 round here. A very popular route choice but it must be reaching the end of the season for LOJOG/JOGLE surely?

Anyway, have a good trip guys.
charliepolecat

Re: A6 North of Lancaster

Post by charliepolecat »

Were they mostly in groups or solos?

Finding the best time of the year to ride the entire length is often a matter of preferring to go when the days are longer but that usually means summer months which also coincides with the heaviest traffic. Other considerations are ease of finding reasonably priced accommodation - not usually very reasonable during the summer - or finding accommodation open when they would be likely to be at lower cost. I think most people try to go in the shoulder periods - May to June, and September to October if they can when bank holidays are over and there is still daylight left.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Two groups of 3 I think. Although they could be a larger group that splintered. Looked all the same age (retired) but I was pushing it a bit the other way so didn't get a good look at them. My priority is bike and kit first, person later for my attention I'm afraid. Kit freak! :D

I must admit it's become more quiet of late. Most groups seemed to be earlier in the summer. I think it died down a bit earlier this year but I could be wrong. I travel up and down that road a lot during the week and weekend b so do get a sense of peak flow. My commute coincides with the early starts from Lancaster most riders seem to do. Or the late finishers heading to Kendal or somewhere north of Milnthorpe, possibly Arnside too.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Following wind for a couple or so days. :P
You'll never know if you don't try it.
stephenjlynch

Post by stephenjlynch »

We're doing our LEJOG in mid-April so I imagine we'll be one of the first!
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

Have a great time.