Boris or Sadiq?

mercalia

Boris or Sadiq?

Post by mercalia »

Cyril Haearn

Re: Boris or Sadiq?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Both! They could alternate as mayor & deputy

Boris was first, could be that he prepared the way :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Si

Post by Si »

Shirley you mean 'Ken'?
softlips

Post by softlips »

Does Sadiq cycle? I’ve seen Boris cycling many times.

Of course Boris got credit for many of red Ken’s schemes - although many of the routes designed under his tenure had to be changed as they didn’t work. Same with Sadiq, he’s been given credit for many schemes started under Boris.

Between them they’ve made cycling in our capital a great experience, I never thought I’d cycle there and now have a Brompton and do it as much as I can.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Looks like Boris is treating the Conservative Party Conference as decision time
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-theresa-may-conservative-party-conference-tory-leadership-a8559991.html wrote:Boris Johnson fails to rule out challenging Theresa May leadership on eve of party conference

Boris Johnson has not ruled out challenging Theresa May for the Tory leadership ahead of the party’s annual conference.

The ex-foreign secretary was twice asked whether he would rule out launching a bid against the prime minister, but would not do so.

Instead he again warned the prime minister there is time for her to ditch her Chequers proposals for Brexit, having earlier in the day set out his own ideas in a sprawling newspaper article.

Although I think the headline is somewhat ambiguous, are they talking about a challenge on the eve of the party conference or are they talking about Boris failing to rule it out on the eve of the party conference.

IAn
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Si wrote:

Shirley you mean 'Ken'?

I do wonder where London would be now if Ken hadn't been closed down by a very dodgy legal decision after a dirty tricks campaign
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Khan speaks of kilometres instead of miles - the numbers are bigger!! :roll: As far as I know Khan doesn't cycle and didn't let his daughters cycle as it was too dangerous.
Khan can't have done much as there don't seem to be complaints from non cyclists. :wink: Where are these new cycle routes? Anyone know?
Boris is still cycling.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
JonMcD

Post by JonMcD »

Boris's old cycling commissioner isn't impressed with Sadiq's record.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... standstill
pete75

Post by pete75 »

JonMcD wrote:Boris's old cycling commissioner isn't impressed with Sadiq's record.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... standstill

Andrew Gilligan - he would wouldn't he?
Employed by right wing think tank Policy Exchange, employed by Boris at the Spectator(the Beano of the Right) and with a string of false stories behind him as a journalist whereby his employers have had to apologise and payout and at the Hutton enquiry Lord Hutton said of him 'I have considerable doubts as to how reliable this journalist's evidence is'.
So naturally biased against a Labour mayor and proven to be less than accurate in his past reports. Aren't Lord Hutton's comments judicial language for calling him a liar.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Boris by a mile, Khan has not just reneged but taken cycling the capital backwards, there's a small increase despite his weasel words and lack of action :twisted: