YHA Special offer 25% off at select hostels Book before July 29th 2019

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mercalia

YHA Special offer 25% off at select hostels Book before July 29th 2019

Post by mercalia »

see latest entry
Last edited by mercalia on 19 Jul 2019, 9:46pm, edited 8 times in total.
1982john

Re: YHA Special offer 25% off at select hostels

Post by 1982john »

thx for posting
horizon

Post by horizon »

It sounds great but am I right in thinking that you might only be paying about £12 anyway (I did recently) so 25% is £3.00? Better than nothing I suppose.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well if you are also a member would be an extra £3 off also so eg Stratford upon Avon with all the reductions would be about £6.75. For some people on a budget it all helps.

Some places cost more than £12 these days much more
horizon

Post by horizon »

Yes, it includes weekends which is good. They are incredibly good value (when you can find one and then can get a space. . .). But seriously, they are. If they had been able to keep even a semblance of the old network (i.e. fewer closures) then I for one would have nothing to complain about. Standards and facilities are still very high.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

In the lakes the closures get announced then visits shoot up and it gets saved. Only cases like Kendal where there's a buyer next door for it do they actually follow through. BTW its still open I believe but run by the brewery arts centre. The skiddaw house one also closed I believe despite the strange shared ownership thing going on for a while.

Used to know someone who used to stay in youth hostels when working up and down the country on contracts. Worked out cheaper than other places for her for a few reasons. Personally I don't rate them not that I've ever been able to get in the hostel of choice without a several month notice for some time.
mercalia

Re: YHA Special offer 25% off at select hostels extended to 15th October

Post by mercalia »

cut off date now 15th October
zenitb

Post by zenitb »

Tangled Metal wrote:In the lakes ..... The skiddaw house one also closed I believe despite the strange shared ownership thing going on for a while.

Skiddaw House still open as an independent hostel affiliated to the YHA. I have backpacked via the hostel and camped there this summer and last. Run by a geat couple as well..recommended..
mercalia

Re: YHA Special offer 25% off at select hostels Book before Jan 31st 2019

Post by mercalia »

https://www.yha.org.uk/special-offers/jan-sale

Book before 31st January for stays between 1st January and 27th April (including Easter holidays!), using the promo code below, to get 25% off stays at participating hostels.
USE CODE
JAN-019
Oldjohnw

Re: YHA Special offer 25% off at select hostels Book before Jan 31st 2019

Post by Oldjohnw »

I love YHAs and have been a member for 50¡years off and on. Even when travelling on civil service business I sometimes chose a YHA. But, alas, no more as I snore and have sleep apnea.
John