Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

It's more fun on 3 wheels than 2. ICE VTX+ with custom paint job
download/file.php?mode=view&id=54572
Attachments
WP_20180630_001.jpg
Last edited by ONETAL on 12 Oct 2018, 12:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

Performer Cantus Carbon.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=54573
Attachments
WP_20180822_001 1.jpg
neil earley

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by neil earley »

A review on the carbon cantus please
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

After playing around with the bars and stems to get the steering right (taking a hacksaw to them), and changing the seat to a Thor Trike seat (the Performer seat is far to narrow) it's a lot of fun. It's very light for a trike even with the 5 spoke rear wheel,the frame looks to be very well made but there is a bit of flex in the stays when pushing hard on the peddles, but it still climbs hills better than the VTX. I've had it up to 46m.p.h when descending and was still stabile. It's got a pretty tight turning circle so good it tight spaces. I don't get on with compact chainsets so I've changed it to a Campag Athena triple with 30/39/52 rings much better for me. The hub bearings are smooth to let the wheels spin up to speed. I've not had time to do a long ride yet (over 60mile) but after all the modifications I prefer it to the VTX so far. And it looks pretty dam fine as well.
neil earley

Post by neil earley »

Nice reviewI and have to say it looks superb mm a Youtube video would be cool :D :D :D
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

Sorry Neil youtube video is to technical for me.
neil earley

Post by neil earley »

Nooo lol never mind a review would be nice when you start riding it for a few months :D
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

I'm in Durham when you are passing give me a knock if I'm not in the key is under the mat, you can have a ride on it.
neil earley

Post by neil earley »

If your in S.Wales some.nice trike trails I will join you wither.my Srprint x e assist ps may take you up on your offer sometime
Marc

Post by Marc »

Picked-up a used Milan GT MkII yesterday. :)

The lighting system need's a complete redo, the drive train (36/57t chain rings, 9-speed, dual drive) has to go and it needs at least one big hole cut in its side to properly work on the derailleur. If it gets a rear parking brake, I'll cut holes for maintenance on either side.
Last edited by Marc on 22 Oct 2018, 4:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Jealous
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Marc

Post by Marc »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Jealous

:D
I know the feeling.
PJM496

Post by PJM496 »

Hello all,

I have a Performer JC-26X. I’ve fitted it with a Windwrap GTX fairing & occasionally use the Burley Nomad trailer.

I’ve only had the trike for a few months, and have not gone to far on it yet, but I’m loving having a Recumbent trike!

Really looking forward to getting out a lot next year, developing my fitness and enjoying multi day trips, (long & short).

Love reading all your posts on here ladies & gents, keep them coming - hopefully add plenty of my own moving forward.

Safe riding all!

Paul
Attachments
1292D2EE-A383-417D-A6C2-3AC535297D08.jpeg
Marc

Post by Marc »

Nice trailer!

A couple of month ago, I've build a trailer with drum brakes for my trike:

https://etrike.wordpress.com/2018/10/07/diy-trailer
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Vangelo wrote:Just joined forum....looking for other members in my area (Northants)

Been riding 3 years........started with a 2nd hand HP Speed Machine:
Didnt really like the small front wheel or the over-engineered front suspension. Modified to this as soon as I worked up the courage:
You may notice I had to jack up the suspension to retain front geometry, but this had the added bonus of eliminating the idler presenting the chain with a straight run. Bike was totally transformed after this modification.

I was intrigued by the stick bikes & when these appeared second hand I snapped them up:
The Team has gone home to Italy where I spend a few weeks in the year & get some great rides!

Finally, a Far Eastern Performer:
.....my fave :D

Being that several years has passed by since you retrofitted the Speedmachine to be 26x26, was there any regrets in doing the retrofit and would you recommend a similar retrofit to a fellow bent rider?

Thank you,

Gerald