The not-so-invisible man

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
roberts8

Re: The not-so-invisible man

Post by roberts8 »

When I did a lot of commuting I added a red light secured by Velcro to my right leg around my knee. Not sure if it was legal or not but people from the office said it looked strange and I must admit close passes did ease off. I am sure my constant light and flashing light were legal but my safety was the issue for me.
mjr

Re: The not-so-invisible man

Post by mjr »

roberts8 wrote:When I did a lot of commuting I added a red light secured by Velcro to my right leg around my knee. Not sure if it was legal or not but people from the office said it looked strange and I must admit close passes did ease off. I am sure my constant light and flashing light were legal but my safety was the issue for me.

Technically legal but mainly because the law doesn't regulate lights affixed to the rider, as long as they don't dazzle. I suspect the reduction in close passes is because "it looked strange" and confused drivers.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.