Cymru am byth - we love Wales!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Cymru am byth - we love Penmaenmawr!

Post by Cyril Haearn »

fausto copy wrote:Don't tell me you want to move all them to Cardiff too. :roll:

No, down there? :wink:
There are numerous wonders at Penmaenmawr, I think there were about seven ways along the cliffs, the Horrors of Penmaenmawr (and Penmaenbach of course) :wink:
And the boat from Hamburg, Rethi Mueller, that was stranded on the beach, there was a film about it

Ydw hoffi Penmaenmawr*!
We love Penmaenmawr

* my keyboard tried to suggest "Pembrokeshire", I almost wanted to ask "where?" :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
fausto copy

Re: Cymru am byth - we love Wales!

Post by fausto copy »

Shwmae folks....yes, in case you forgot it's Shwmae day today. :lol:

Off to the big city this afternoon to try out my new camera lens.
I'll see if I can find any Welsh-speakers to avoid. :wink:

fausto, or should that really be ffausto.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

fausto copy wrote:Shwmae folks....yes, in case you forgot it's Shwmae day today. :lol:

Off to the big city this afternoon to try out my new camera lens.
I'll see if I can find any Welsh-speakers to avoid. :wink:

fausto, or should that really be ffausto.

Bore da
Sut ydy chi?
Da iawn diolch :wink:
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Aye champion thanks.

Or as they say up north, fair gradely!
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Shwmae!
fausto copy wrote:fausto, or should that really be ffausto.

ffawsto, maybe?
pwa

Post by pwa »

Coal extraction is to end in Wales. Although the major coal mines have already gone, there are a few small operations still going and a couple of open cast operations. The Welsh Government looks set to declare that as a matter of policy no new permits to extract coal will be issued. On the face of it this seems to be the the end of coal in Wales. It had to come, but there is a certain amount of sadness that goes with it.
Last edited by pwa on 17 Oct 2018, 11:31am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Wales is leading the way with offshore windparks, the one by Rhyl is so far out one can often not see it :wink:

Just hope the ones on the hills by Caer Noddfa/Carno will be removed soon
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

The Grauniad reports that a group of young sters from Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent (the top of the bottom of Wales) have acquired rights to film a Stephen King story for $1.oo

It is a cycling story, "Stationary Bike" about an imaginary tour that goes nowhere

Hope there is a lot of cycling in the film, and not much horror :wink:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

pwa wrote:Coal extraction is to end in Wales. Although the major coal mines have already gone, there are a few small operations still going and a couple of open cast operations. The Welsh Government looks set to declare that as a matter of policy no new permits to extract coal will be issued. On the face of it this seems to be the the end of coal in Wales. It had to come, but there is a certain amount of sadness that goes with it.

Still plenty of coal being produced in the USA, Russia, Poland and being imported

Slate is still being mined in the north
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Off to Llanbedr this afternoon for a nice long weekend staying at the Victoria inn. Robinsons the brewery is local to us in Stockport. That was a bonus as I hadn't noticed until after I'd booked it :D :D :D

We've holidayed at Barmouth many times with the girls and my self when I was a yoof. the weather forecast isn't promising but we'll wrap up warm and see some of the old haunts.

Diolch :D
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Given the latest South wales Police slap on the wrist for a timber lorry driving who was inches away from killing two cyclists it's no better than the rest of the country and the police just as weak :twisted: https://road.cc/content/news/251178-nea ... ber-passes
pwa

Post by pwa »

The utility cyclist wrote:Given the latest South wales Police slap on the wrist for a timber lorry driving who was inches away from killing two cyclists it's no better than the rest of the country and the police just as weak :twisted: https://road.cc/content/news/251178-nea ... ber-passes

Very poor and worrying piece of driving. But for a professional, as the driver is, to be hauled in and found to be at fault is at the very least humiliating, with his/her employer knowing about it, and the awareness course on record should anything similar happen in the future. The driver will not have seen it as a trivial penalty. And for that reason he/she may engage the brain next time they want to pass a cyclist on that road.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

pwa wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:Given the latest South wales Police slap on the wrist for a timber lorry driving who was inches away from killing two cyclists it's no better than the rest of the country and the police just as weak :twisted: https://road.cc/content/news/251178-nea ... ber-passes

Very poor and worrying piece of driving. But for a professional, as the driver is, to be hauled in and found to be at fault is at the very least humiliating

"professional"? :(
Humiliating?

Drivers in Wales are as bad as anywhere else, -99
pwa

Post by pwa »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
pwa wrote:

Very poor and worrying piece of driving. But for a professional, as the driver is, to be hauled in and found to be at fault is at the very least humiliating

"professional"? :(
Humiliating?

Drivers in Wales are as bad as anywhere else, -99

You miss my point. The driver is being reprimanded for poor standards in their chosen profession. That will feel like a humiliation. Everyone in the office will know, their peers will know.
meic

Post by meic »

Or they may be blaming the law and saying he was unfairly treated, after all he didnt hit anybody, people normally drive like that he was just unlucky to be caught.
Just as they say if a driver is caught speeding, jumping a red or using a mobile.
Yma o Hyd