Motorcycle users group, seriously !

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
landsurfer

Motorcycle users group, seriously !

Post by landsurfer »

Welcome to the MUGS .... :lol:
How many of us are motorcycle riders on here .... how about a LEJOG, LWD or Northern 500 ?
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
rjb

Re: Motorcycle users group, seriously !

Post by rjb »

Anyone a member of the triumph owners motorcycle club ?
https://www.tomcc.org/
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

rjb wrote:Anyone a member of the triumph owners motorcycle club ?

I have Tiger 800 but am a member of the Moto Guzzi club.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
hondated

Post by hondated »

Another one here LS. Currently ride a BMW 1200GS. Frequently consider selling it to upgrade my bicycle but as yet I cannot summon up the courage to do it. Every time I go out on it I realise why I still love motorcycling. Joined BMW owners club several years ago but have yet to go out on run with them. I will book mark this and get back to you in 2019 re meeting up and riding one of the routes you suggest. I would like to do the Ireland one as I have ridden the Scottish route even before it was established.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

When the choice is cycle or motorbike, the answer is invariably cycle. No point selling the motorbike despite only using it about 4 times a year.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Royal Enfield .. but MZ Riders club member .... lol
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

ah all you middle aged and older bikers , get a copy of the film Wild Hogs, is safer :lol: is a mugs game :wink:

[youtube]Cg52C-no-C4[/youtube]
Hobbs1951

Post by Hobbs1951 »

Sadly we all grow older, I've been riding motorcycles since I was 16, riding bicycles even longer...I'll not let on what motorcycles I have or all you stereotypers will start ranting !

Here I am on the top of a mountain in northern Spain, talking to my old timer friend (late now, sadly) Dickie - ISDT Gold Medallist.

Mind you if I told you what bicycles I have what what box would the small-minded stereotypers put me in ?

John.
Attachments
PicosdeEuropa.jpg
Last edited by Hobbs1951 on 18 Nov 2018, 8:37am, edited 1 time in total.
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

rjb wrote:Anyone a member of the triumph owners motorcycle club ?
I was back in the 80s. I had cafe racerised 500 and a 750 Triton. After that I had Ducati, Guzzi and a bike I really did not like - a BMW R80.

I've had nothing since 2001, no need, no use, it would be a very seldom used toy. All my kit was given away about 10 years ago. This does not mean that I do not get a hankering.

YUH 981 (1).jpg
IMG_20181118_0001.jpg
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Hobbs1951 wrote:I'll not let on what motorcycles I have or all you stereotypers will start ranting !

John.

A BMW and/or Harley?

Don't what your stereotypers will make of mine. Mz TS250, Royal Enfield Bullet trials from Redditch not Madras, Royal Enfield Constellation and a BMW R1200GS.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

kawasaki H1 triple 2 stroke long since gone
Hobbs1951

Post by Hobbs1951 »

pete75 wrote:
Hobbs1951 wrote:I'll not let on what motorcycles I have or all you stereotypers will start ranting !

John.

So a BMW and/or Harley?

Don't what your stereotypers will make of mine. Mz TS250, Royal Enfield Bullet trials from Redditch not Madras, Royal Enfield Constellation and a BMW R1200GS.

Never had a BMW, but I do have a Harley (bought nearly new in 2000) and a couple of others. MZs are great bikes...had a 250 years ago, wish I'd kept it.

John.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Hobbs1951 wrote:
pete75 wrote:

John.

So a BMW and/or Harley?

Never had a BMW, but I do have a Harley (bought nearly new in 2000) and a couple of others. MZs are great bikes...had a 250 years ago, wish I'd kept it.

John.

For some reason TS250s are increasing more than steadily in what people will pay for them.
To some they were the pariahs of the motorcycle world but had advanced and practical design with proper air filtration and a superb chain enclosure system. Performance wise they were at least as quick as Honda four stroke 250s. The front brake is a bit lacking but I've recently bought a Honda CB175 front wheel with TLS brake to fit.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
hondated

Post by hondated »

Whippet wrote:When the choice is cycle or motorbike, the answer is invariably cycle. No point selling the motorbike despite only using it about 4 times a year.

With you on that Whippet ! When the weather is good I gravitate towards one of my bikes as getting all the proper gear on to ride the motorbike is such a pain. Did I really just walk out and get on the motorbike and ride off helmetless legally all those years ago.
But that said when I can make the effort the motorbike is a joy. Mind you I think if I hadn't got it I would of cycle toured France etc rather than use the motorbike because its easier.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

mercalia wrote:kawasaki H1 triple 2 stroke long since gone

Great looking bike with the super cool “widow maker” reputation as well :-)