Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Flinders

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Flinders »

More concerned about his hairdo getting wet than a few million dead. Whereas our over-90-year-old Queen managed to make it to the ceremony this morning. But then the Queen actually served in the forces in the war, whereas he dodged the draft. And her sons and grandsons served, whereas his family are just hereditary spongers and crooks.

Odd really why he so much wants a military parade. All it does is draw attention to his pathetic excuses for not serving. And the actual military hate parades anyway, or so I'm told. To avoid it being bad weather (i,e.wet and/or cold) it would have to be in the summer. In the summer, even tarmac melts in DC. Fancy standing/marching around for hours in full uniform in that sort of weather, anyone? Just to boost the ego of someone who wouldn't do it when his country asked him?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Flinders wrote:More concerned about his hairdo getting wet than a few million dead. Whereas our over-90-year-old Queen managed to make it to the ceremony this morning. But then the Queen actually served in the forces in the war, whereas he dodged the draft. And her sons and grandsons served, whereas his family are just hereditary spongers and crooks.

Odd really why he so much wants a military parade. All it does is draw attention to his pathetic excuses for not serving. And the actual military hate parades anyway, or so I'm told. To avoid it being bad weather (i,e.wet and/or cold) it would have to be in the summer. In the summer, even tarmac melts in DC. Fancy standing/marching around for hours in full uniform in that sort of weather, anyone? Just to boost the ego of someone who wouldn't do it when his country asked him?

+1.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Bonefishblues wrote:I read that it was too wet for him to attend a WW1 commemorative service yesterday.

Because a disgrace.

Maybe the glue on his haripiece is water soluble :lol: :lol: Or perhaps he's worried about the boatload of hairspray he uses to keep his do in place.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Vorpal wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I read that it was too wet for him to attend a WW1 commemorative service yesterday.

Because a disgrace.

Maybe the glue on his haripiece is water soluble :lol: :lol: Or perhaps he's worried about the boatload of hairspray he uses to keep his do in place.

It's not about him, with no opportunity to do one of his inchoate and rambling schticks by which he gains his fix of cheers from deplorables, who don't understand what he rambles anymore than anyone else but like to hear the buzz-words: "wall", "swamp"; etc..

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Flinders wrote:Odd really why he so much wants a military parade.
This is the sort of military parade more to his liking, methinks:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Vorpal wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Apparently Trump cut business taxes from 35% to 21% and tax revenues have increased by $3.3 trillion!

Al

Corporate tax revenues may have increased 3.3 trillion, but considering it went from 294.1 trillion to 297.4 trillion, that is less than the rate of inflation, so it doesn't look like success to me.

Interestingly one of the first Democrat moves (allegedly) are to defy claims that Trump cannot present his Tax Returns because no-one understands them, they are too long for anyone to read and are under audit

How about the US Government created an organisation that was an expert and could understand these returns?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

And another. Any excuse, no matter how implausible, is better than no excuse, so it seems.

I wonder if drumpf has ever actually been in Paris during the rush hour? On the Périphérique, by any chance - or indeed any other main road through the city? What difference could his helicopter'd stopover have made?

Perhaps, next time I'm in my car snarled up on the A27 (one of the most congested roads in SE England), I'll remember that 'it could be worse'. Drumpf could be on the point of making a flying visit to the good folks of Worthing....

If only.... :mrgreen:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mrs Clinton is thinking about standing (running?) for President again, Plus One!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Mrs Clinton is thinking about standing (running?) for President again, Plus One!

That'll peave Donald quaking in his boots I should imagine.... ......NOT!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Canuk

Post by Canuk »

reohn2 wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Mrs Clinton is thinking about standing (running?) for President again, Plus One!

Clinton running against Trump in 2020: credibility value) = less than zero. If she runs again, against Trump, he's virtually guaranteed a second (probably undeserved) term.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Canuk wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Clinton running against Trump in 2020: credibility value) = less than zero. If she runs again, against Trump, he's virtually guaranteed a second (probably undeserved) term.

If she gets the same number of votes as last time but in the right places, she could win easily

At her age, I should retire, or does she still need to earn money?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Canuk wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

OTOH she couldn't run as bad a campaign again, and he will have difficulty matching his first. Fine margins and all that.
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

This, believe it or not, is for real - Trumpy Bear, yours for 2 payments of 'only' $19.95...

https://thetrumpybear.com/

[youtube]EwArMFCLmZY[/youtube]

Only in Trump's America.

(WARNING: Don't watch the video if you're of a sensitive disposition - it's actually quite disturbing. :shock: )
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Canuk wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

I'm unsure.

I agree about credibility value (low), but Trump has had 4 years to demonstrate how un-presidential he is, what a nasty piece of work he is and how suspicion surrounds his family/self-interest/campaign.

From those who previously voted for Trump, a %age are even more fired-up about how great he/America can be but a %age don't like what they see. I doubt his antics since getting himself elected has persuaded many to change Democrat to Trump.

But then last time round Clinton was also a bad choice so run again and she might lose votes (to abstainers rather than to Trump) ...

So I think the math gets difficult to predict, particularly for somebody like myself whose only knowledge is the news reports we get in the UK mainly about Trump's "stupidity of the day" (and plenty of that).

Ian