Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

661-Pete

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by 661-Pete »

kylecycler wrote:(WARNING: Don't watch the video if you're of a sensitive disposition - it's actually quite disturbing. :shock: )
I thought at first this might be 'disturbing' in another way - like those darts players who were in the news recently.... :mrgreen:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

661-Pete wrote:
kylecycler wrote:(WARNING: Don't watch the video if you're of a sensitive disposition - it's actually quite disturbing. :shock: )
I thought at first this might be 'disturbing' in another way - like those darts players who were in the news recently.... :mrgreen:

It stinks enough as it is, Pete. It's obviously 'aimed' at Trump's supporters, but I can't figure out whether it's for them or trolling them. Probably both - they're too thick to know the difference.

Shouldn't trivialize Trump, though. I detest him with an absolute passion, and I despair of those who can't see how wrong it all is. The US has elected a sick, twisted, devious, clinically certifiable psychopath as President, and it's liable to get an awful lot worse before it gets better.

The one saving grace is that he's activating a whole lot of good people over there who would otherwise have been passive. The 'old guard' Democrats such as Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi might be the good guys right now, everything being relative, but they'll fall by the wayside soon, and then progressives like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the rest of the 'new wave' will show us what America - and, by example, other countries on this chaotic shambles of a planet - really should be.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I am wondering if in fact Trump is realy a Russian spy, is on their payroll, given his latest precipitation of the closure of US govt. Hard to see how senate is it ? can bow down to paying for Trumps Folly?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/23/us-economic-precipice-donald-trump-government-shutdown?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE4MTIyMw%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

He's running the show,and it is a show,like a mafia boss but without the killing of the people who don't agree with him.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I wonder if he is still as popular now, it would be good to read alternative views

Beto O'Rourke could be the new Obama, but the Grauniad explains that might not be so good, Bernie Saunders is still active, +1?
He who has many enemies, has many friends :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Canuk

Post by Canuk »

reohn2 wrote:He's running the show,and it is a show,like a mafia boss but without the killing of the people who don't agree with him.

The killing might begin in the near future. Apparently he has plans. And 70,000 sealed inditements to do away with all the baddies. I have my doubts, but we can but hope! :)
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Psamathe wrote:
Canuk wrote:
reohn2 wrote:That'll peave Donald quaking in his boots I should imagine.... ......NOT!

Clinton running against Trump in 2020: credibility value) = less than zero. If she runs again, against Trump, he's virtually guaranteed a second (probably undeserved) term.

I'm unsure.

I agree about credibility value (low), but Trump has had 4 years to demonstrate how un-presidential he is, what a nasty piece of work he is and how suspicion surrounds his family/self-interest/campaign.

From those who previously voted for Trump, a %age are even more fired-up about how great he/America can be but a %age don't like what they see. I doubt his antics since getting himself elected has persuaded many to change Democrat to Trump.

But then last time round Clinton was also a bad choice so run again and she might lose votes (to abstainers rather than to Trump) ...

So I think the math gets difficult to predict, particularly for somebody like myself whose only knowledge is the news reports we get in the UK mainly about Trump's "stupidity of the day" (and plenty of that).

Ian

Trouble is that there are a significant number of Americans who match those values and behaviours. Each reaffirms the bias and confirms their righteousness
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I felt sorry for theAmericans with their choice: Clinton or Trump.

I feel sorry for the UK now: The Tories (whoever's) or Corbyn's Labour.
John
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Not only mad, but thick. That’s a dangerous combination.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:Not only mad, but thick. That’s a dangerous combination.

Especially when topped off with more than a soupçon of arrogance.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

reohn2 wrote:He's running the show,and it is a show,like a mafia boss but without the killing of the people who don't agree with him.
...so far. :shock:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

One of the strengths of the American political system is said to be the way that its different parts act to keep the others in check. It will be interesting to see what checks there are now.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

He's tolerated because economy.

When that tanks, as it's more than starting to do, then the lady of ample girth will be tuning up.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

thirdcrank wrote:One of the strengths of the American political system is said to be the way that its different parts act to keep the others in check. It will be interesting to see what checks there are now.

I thought that too, it was the reason Obama could not make great changes to the health $ervice
The amis imposed a good system on West Germany after ww2 I think :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Have to say I've been impressed with Nancy Pelosi these past few weeks. She might be 'old guard' but she's come across as a real proper politician in the proper sense - she's made the rest look like amateurs - and she and Chuck Schumer wiped the floor with Trump in that televised impromptu 'debate' on the border wall. Plus, as Speaker of the House (to be, from January), she's next in line after Pence to be President if Trump goes down and Pence goes down with him.

Still, it would be a lot simpler and quicker if we could just cut to the chase - where's Wonder Woman when we need her?

wonderwoman socks it to trump.jpg

(I'll probably get checked by Vorpal for inciting violence, in which case I'll tell her I didn't mean her... :D)