Best thing found this year

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
The utility cyclist

Re: Best thing found this year

Post by The utility cyclist »

gbnz wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:. The throwing away habits of far too many people are disgusting. :twisted:

But to be fair, it is a lengthy 500m drive to the recycling station :roll:

Not helped by the fact that my local authority has banned pedestrians and cyclists using the recycling station (Nb. Obviously I ignore that, though I've yet to see another)

They haven't banned bikes yet at ours but I think they have people on foot, personally I'd ignore it anyway, what they going to do exactly?
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

nick12 wrote:I think you will find that the cannisters were actually laughing gas used by the yoof to get high..
One of my favourite finds is Mc D cups with stickers for free coffee. Up to date I've had over£300 of free coffee.

it was party stuff used for inflating the balloons as the connector was in the bag that was dumped, but yes often used by some as a cheap drug. 'laughing gas' is something different, that's Nitrous Oxide.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

The utility cyclist wrote:
gbnz wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:. The throwing away habits of far too many people are disgusting. :twisted:

But to be fair, it is a lengthy 500m drive to the recycling station :roll:

Not helped by the fact that my local authority has banned pedestrians and cyclists using the recycling station (Nb. Obviously I ignore that, though I've yet to see another)

They haven't banned bikes yet at ours but I think they have people on foot, personally I'd ignore it anyway, what they going to do exactly?

Oh, I ignore it, though it clearly causes some discomfort to the operator on duty (He's a very compliant individual and not comfortable with an individual breaking the rules :oops: )
Patrickpioneer

Post by Patrickpioneer »

TrevA wrote:The best thing is the sheer variety of wildlife. In the last few days we've seen a Barn Owl in flight, Red Kites circling overhead, a Buzzard sitting on a fence post, a Kestrel hovering above the grass verge.

You have reminded me of the long eared Owl I seen sitting on a gate post, I just stood looking at him looking at me, that really was fantastic.
Pat
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

indeed all forms of live wildlife along the roadside is part of the joy of cycling...
I did find a pair pliers a couple of days ago.... tis awhile since I found much in the way of tools along the road.....
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Bonefishblues wrote:
nick12 wrote:Its definitely not the best coffee at Mc D I believe they use robusta and not arabica beans which are usually for instant coffee but I may be wrong. Its a drink on a shopping trip that costs nowt . Its a shame that Mc D don't get charged by the council for the waste that they create and there clientele chuck out of their cars. Another thing I've noticed is the amount of strongbow cider tins by the roadside it appears to be the most popular can that I see . I wonder if they wash the burger down with a tinnie?

A quick Google gave me the following from McDonald's UK FAQs:

Can I purchase McDonald's coffee beans to use at home?
McDonald's coffee is blended and roasted to a specific McDonald's specification (using 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified Arabica Beans), and is therefore only available in McDonald's restaurants.

So we'll have to find something else to sneer at McDonald's about, I guess :wink:

The regular sized McD is ok, but (IMHO) don't get the larger size because it's just the same amount of coffee watered down!