Christmas Jigsaw

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Christmas Jigsaw

Post by Mick F »

Given a 1,000 piece jigsaw LAST Christmas and it was a difficult. It was one that you could wrap up in a cloth to put away. This was the issue for me.

By wrapping it up, it was out of sight out of mind, and after a week or two of bringing it out and putting it away, it got forgotten about. I tried to remember, I really did. :oops:

Any road up, I found a big enough piece of chipboard and transferred it over. I can now transport it anywhere so we can use the dining table, and put it back to carry on. Having in a board, is far better than wrapping it up, as when unwrapping always dispaced the precious pieces.

Here's a montage so far. First one is from January, the second and third were from March ................... and now the last one is from this afternoon.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Re: Christmas Jigsaw

Post by philvantwo »

Looks like there's a few pieces missing Mick F!!!
peetee

Post by peetee »

I've got that one. Was a bit disappointed with the realism to be honest. You will see what I mean when you do it. I am not an expert on wildlife but I am pretty sure that zebras don't wear roller skates.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I expect they are donkeys. Zebra fraud is rife.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ass-zebra/
peetee

Post by peetee »

Donkeys don't have roller skates either. Well, the ones we saw at the donkey sanctuary didn't. But then again that could be because of health and safety restrictions - there were lots of children there.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Look harder - they're everywhere:
https://youtu.be/pZpkSP2x8MU
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Mick, My problem with jig-saws is this - 1000 piece yes, but what about the dimensions?
I have a folio sort of zip up case, which makes stowage easy. A pair of stackable boards fit inside for the unplaced pieces.
But SWMBO bought me a Snoopy 1000 piece puzzle, but the ruddy thing is quite panoramic, needs a pasting table to cope with it!
Right now we are tackling a Howe machine Company Vintage Tricycle puzzle, quite testing. all wheels radially spoked.
Next it's the Tour de Yorkshire in Haworth, oooooooooh. TTFN MM
gaz

Post by gaz »

Before admiring the sunset, the horses brushed their teeth, put on their pyjamas and were ready for bed.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

When I was child I hated these and felt very disappointed if I got one as present. I still hate them but have to do them with the grandchildren :(
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I've done another dozen pieces this morning, so I may soon see the roller skates.

BTW, I was a good boy yesterday. I stayed on the beer and stayed off the wine. I was in bed fast asleep by 1am having left the pub still full of people - including my sister, both our daughters and Mrs Mick F. They didn't get home until nearly 3am.

I was up at 7am feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and got stuck into the jigsaw whilst the rest of the household snored! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Done it. :D
No roller skates in sight.

Looked in my diary, and I started it Jan 20th 2018. Finished this afternoon 2nd Jan 2019 ................ and now it's Beer O'clock.
Complete.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Its obviously not on top of your 'to do' list… :?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

al_yrpal wrote:Its obviously not on top of your 'to do' list… :?

Al

3 pieces a day is going some - especially as Mick couldn't find any pieces of roller skate.
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi MickF, I take it you'll be doing the "Baked Beans" puzzle next? All pieces are orange with a very familiar shape.
Doesn't come with a "Large Fries". TTFN MM
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I did the Marmite puzzle some time back.
Just a picture of a Marmite jar. :D

There's a jelly beans puzzle I've seen in The Works in town, and I've heard about the baked beans one.
Neither seem worth the trouble TBH.

I'll be turning my puzzle upside down and will be using PVA to stick paper onto the rear to hold it all together, then maybe hanging it up on a wall.
Mick F. Cornwall