Jaden Moodie

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
100%JR

Re: Jayden Moody

Post by 100%JR »

Bonefishblues wrote:I was with you 'til the final sentence. If nothing else, he would be a petty criminal, amongst many, that's all.

I know what you're saying but if the moped is stolen,and I believe it will be,the way in which some of these are taken is nothing short of violent/aggravated assault.Not petty at all.

pwa wrote:The signs are that this lad was doing a few things we would find unacceptable. But he was 14 and lived in a place where boys commonly get drawn into crime. I made some bad choices at his age and I lived in a much easier environment.

Once again I agree and I can tell you this for nowt.Many of them do not have a choice in the matter.They are drawn in then forced to do what they do.Like it or not many of them are willing to kill each other for fear of them or their families being killed :|
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

reohn2 wrote:You lived in a completely different world to what Jayden Moody and many inner city young people live in today.
This.

The issue is inner city living.
'twas ever thus, but getting worse today.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

100%JR wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I was with you 'til the final sentence. If nothing else, he would be a petty criminal, amongst many, that's all.

I know what you're saying but if the moped is stolen,and I believe it will be,the way in which some of these are taken is nothing short of violent/aggravated assault.Not petty at all.

|

If you look back at your final sentence you will see the correct context to my original comment, which was the offence of riding a moped aged 14 :wink:
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"Ok so you really think a 14 year old riding a Moped on the road in London is going to be legit."

More than one level of "legit". Most of them don't IMO deserve the death sentence. Not even me and my then mate Simmy deserved that for 2 up, no licence, on a non-street legal Tiger cub, aged 15 +16, running 3 different number plates, back in '65.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

djnotts wrote:"Ok so you really think a 14 year old riding a Moped on the road in London is going to be legit."

More than one level of "legit". Most of them don't IMO deserve the death sentence. Not even me and my then mate Simmy deserved that for 2 up, no licence, on a non-street legal Tiger cub, aged 15 +16, running 3 different number plates, back in '65.

Me and a mate used to ride around fen backroads on an Ariel Square Four we bought between us for 50 shillings in 1967. We were 13 and 14. No doubt those here who think riding a moped is bad would have us hung, drawn and quartered for riding a 1000cc bike.
The legal age for riding a moped in France has been 14 for many years and they don't seem to have any problems with it.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

This forum's a hotbed of criminality, it seems. Another stone to cast, anyone? :D
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:This forum's a hotbed of criminality, it seems. Another stone to cast, anyone? :D

Oh,a few.......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:This forum's a hotbed of criminality, it seems. Another stone to cast, anyone? :D

Oh,a few.......

CUK earlier :lol:

https://youtu.be/FQ5YU_spBw0
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Oh,a few.......

I didn't mean I would cast any stones.... .....well maybe a small one...... :shock:
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Oh,a few.......

I didn't mean I would cast any stones.... .....well maybe a small one...... :shock:

Ah yes, but the cross-dressing? :lol:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:CUK earlier :lol:

Ah yes, but the cross-dressing? :lol:

Your secret's safe with me :wink:
Last edited by reohn2 on 10 Jan 2019, 10:04am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Before we lynch the deceased I'll mention that his name was Jayden Moodie.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote:Before we lynch the deceased I'll mention that his name was Jayden Moodie.

And the worst of it is that next week people will say Jayden who? As there'll most likely be a couple more teenagers in a similar situation.
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

thirdcrank wrote:Before we lynch the deceased I'll mention that his name was Jayden Moodie.
I see they've corrected it on the BBC News website I linked at the OP.
I'd copied and pasted his name onto the thread title, so I knew I had it "right".

The poor lad. He, and loads of others too. They don't stand a chance in that environment.
Mick F. Cornwall
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Cyril Haearn wrote:What could be done about it, are there like problems in Manchester, Glasgow, Bath?

Glasgow has had some success: From murder capital of Europe to role model for London