Jaden Moodie

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
100%JR

Re: Jayden Moody

Post by 100%JR »

Wasn't in a gang says his sister.
Then his Uncle posts a photo on Facebook showing him on a moped,face covered doing the gun thing with his fingers?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/l ... 35246.html

Model citizen?
I think not.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

100%JR wrote:Wasn't in a gang says his sister.
Then his Uncle posts a photo on Facebook showing him on a moped,face covered doing the gun thing with his fingers?

Model citizen?
I think not.

Ok tell us how that justifies his death. Just what have you got against this poor lad?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I would like to know about where he got the moped from whether it was stolen.
pwa

Post by pwa »

pete75 wrote:

Model citizen?
I think not.

Ok tell us how that justifies his death. Just what have you got against this poor lad?

At 14 any antisocial behaviour has to be seen as the product of upbringing. So even in that sense he was a bit of a victim. He would not have posed on a moped he was too young to ride, with a mask and pretending to have a gun, if he had grown up in my village.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

pete75 wrote:

Model citizen?
I think not.

I have nothing against him as such.
They're always painted as "all round good eggs" when clearly they're not.Does being in a postcode gang justify his death?No but he died doing what he does.It's as simple as that.He didn't die for nothing.He died because he is in a gang.Had he been 16 we would have heard little about it but because he's 14 he's some how seen as not as bad.

mercalia wrote:I would like to know about where he got the moped from whether it was stolen.

Well non of his family have (yet)stated they bought it for him.In fact no mention of it at all so I think it's safe to assume it's stolen.
Whether he actually stole it is another matter.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

mercalia wrote:I would like to know about where he got the moped from whether it was stolen.
What I find strange about all this terrible affair, is that the moped hasn't been mentioned or explained and why a 14yo boy was riding one.

I suppose it pales into insignificance as far as the news people are concerned, but I think it should be mentioned that a 14yo boy was riding a moped on the roads of London in the early January darkness of an evening when he should have been at home.

He was only 14 for God's sake. Where were his parents and why wasn't he at home?
Mick F. Cornwall
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Mick F wrote:He was only 14 for God's sake. Where were his parents and why wasn't he at home?

I can walk around to my local Co-op at 21:45 and there's usually a small gang of lads and lasses,all school age,some of them my sons age(11)hanging about.I'm willing to bet the same happens all over the place.Some parents either don't know or don't care where their kids are.
Last edited by 100%JR on 10 Jan 2019, 4:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I don't care what decisions had been made, it is still a loss to society. Now that loss might not have only been in the last 24h, but a loss nonetheless.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

. mercalia wrote:
I would like to know about where he got the moped from whether it was stolen.
What I find strange about all this terrible affair, is that the moped hasn't been mentioned or explained and why a 14yo boy was riding one.

I suppose it pales into insignificance as far as the news people are concerned, but I think it should be mentioned that a 14yo boy was riding a moped on the roads of London in the early January darkness of an evening when he should have been at home.

I guess the priority, reasonably IMV, is to catch the (older) murderous thugs who killed the child.
John
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Oldjohnw wrote:I guess the priority, reasonably IMV, is to catch the (older) murderous thugs who killed the child.

Don't hold your breath.
Figures for 2015 in London
Statistics show that a total of 8,147 violent incidents involving a sharp instrument went “undetected” in the capital last year - nearly 80 per cent of the total 10,238 cases.

Roughly 3 out of 4 stabbings in the Capital go unsolved.

Knife crime in England and Wales up by 69% in 2018 from 2014.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Oldjohnw wrote:I guess the priority, reasonably IMV, is to catch the (older) murderous thugs who killed the child.
Yes.
Totally correct, and right too.

Meanwhile, the press could keep people informed of the wider view and maybe - just maybe - some people with influence could discuss this issue.

We had R4 on this lunchtime, and there was a head teacher saying how some children are crying at school because they are hungry.
They have a breakfast club ......... (Mrs Mick F ran the local school Breakfast Club before she retired BTW) ........ but some children can't make it early enough, so they feed them later. What sort of society allows children to go hungry? We have an awful issue in this country - the fifth largest economy in the world but with complete inequality top to bottom. Maybe it was forever thus, but for God's sake, this is 2019 and children are hungry, getting into trouble, being stabbed to death, and NOTHING is done or discussed. Sod Brexit! Get this inequality sorted out! :shock:
Bloody obscene Range Rovers and BMWs on the roads driven by rich fat cats, with children hungry on the streets, getting into trouble and being killed.
Stop HS2 and feed the children, have decent school and decent education and decent health.

Rant over.
Mick F. Cornwall
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

100%JR wrote:
Mick F wrote:
mercalia wrote:He was only 14 for God's sake. Where were his parents and why wasn't he at home?

I can walk around to my local Co-op at 21:45 and there's usually a small gang of lads and lasses,all school age,some of them my sons age(11)hanging about.I'm willing to bet the same happens all over the place.Some parents either don't know or don't care where their kids are.

eh I dont think I said that
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I, for one, think that we should let the police investigate and not condemn a *child* for what may be no more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So what if he was apparently doing something illegal? Would anyone condemn him if the attack has accurred when he was riding a bike on the pavement? I've seen plenty of young people illegally riding motorcycles on the road, on bridleways, and other places they don't belong in rural areas. Would they be similarly condemned, if attacked in the same way?

As for the gun gesture, lots of kids who aren't in gangs do that. And he was said to be an aspiring boxer; maybe he just wanted to be perceived as a 'tough'.

Lastly, there are perfectly legitimate reasons for a kid that age to be out doing things. Mini V does art and music after school on Thursdays, and takes the bus home afterwards. She usually gets home around 9:00 pm, but if she helps tidy up afterward, or the buses are delayed, she has come home as late as 9:30. She's 12. Would it be her fault if she were the victim of crime?

Would anyone's opinion be different, if the media only published pictures of him in a school uniform and a bland background? If he were white? or came from a rural village?

The world will never know what this child could have contributed. That's a tragedy.

RIP Jayden Moody.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Oldjohnw wrote:
I guess the priority, reasonably IMV, is to catch the (older) murderous thugs who killed the child.
Yes.
Totally correct, and right too.

Meanwhile, the press could keep people informed of the wider view and maybe - just maybe - some people with influence could discuss this issue.

We had R4 on this lunchtime, and there was a head teacher saying how some children are crying at school because they are hungry.
They have a breakfast club ......... (Mrs Mick F ran the local school Breakfast Club before she retired BTW) ........ but some children can't make it early enough, so they feed them later. What sort of society allows children to go hungry? We have an awful issue in this country - the fifth largest economy in the world but with complete inequality top to bottom. Maybe it was forever thus, but for God's sake, this is 2019 and children are hungry, getting into trouble, being stabbed to death, and NOTHING is done or discussed. Sod Brexit! Get this inequality sorted out! :shock:
Bloody obscene Range Rovers and BMWs on the roads driven by rich fat cats, with children hungry on the streets, getting into trouble and being killed.
Stop HS2 and feed the children, have decent school and decent education and decent health.

Rant over.

Rant understood : feelings shared. I was for a number of years a board member of an anti-poverty campaigning group. Prior to that I worked in criminal justice and saw the consequences of both crime and the causes of crime.
John
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

anyone's opinion be different, if the media only published pictures of him in a school uniform and a bland background? If he were white? or came from a rural village?

The world will never know what this child could have contributed. That's a tragedy.

RIP Jayden M

Hear hear!

Too much focus on 'bet he had a knife' or 'he must have stolen the car' or the way he wore his helmet or whether it was 'his' or 'a' moped. All speculation and no matter how good the guesses they are only guesses.

Thank goodness our courts judge on facts not guesses, however reasonable.
John