New E Bike Purchase

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
Patfig

New E Bike Purchase

Post by Patfig »

Hi All

New Poster here. I am hoping to buy a new ebike on the next week or two and have read so much that I have gone round in a few circles I have to say.

Anyway I am looking for a tourer type bike and think I have decided on a Carrera Crossfuse crank driven bike but I also found a Cube crank driven bike for the same money that has a stand rack etc

I also like the look of a haibike touring model too but that's out of my price bracket

If anyone has any words of wiosdom or has a Crossfuse I would wlecome any thloughts

Cheers PF
Cyril Haearn

Re: New E Bike Purchase

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Do not buy yet, take test rides, make plusminus lists, wait until you know more
Search these fora, your questions may have already been answered :wink:
We do like new questions too, mind
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Patfig

Post by Patfig »

Just looking at Halfords and still liking the look of the Crossfuse ( £1600) BUT the Crosspath is on special at £1280 and comes with mudguards and pannier rack and still uses the same Bosch crank motor.

I think I need to go have a test drive of the unisex Crosspath
stodd

Post by stodd »

Look on Pedelecs and post there; a wider audience than here. https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... -i-buy.40/

Cube have a very good reputation, and so does the Crossfuse. Avoid the Crossfire from what I have seen on Pedelecs (but it wasn't on your list anyway).
stodd

Post by stodd »

Good comment on the Crosspath near the end of thread https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/thread ... e-7.33486/

post is https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/thread ... ost-478271

And don't forget the CTC discount for Halfords.
Patfig

Post by Patfig »

Just had a trial ride on the Crosspath and very impressed indeed. Motor is smooth as silk and the deal on offer at Halfords at present makes it a very good buy especially with and extra 10% discount for British Cycle members
Patfig

Post by Patfig »

So just been to place my order and Halfords don't have any with 18 inch frame and don't if / when they will be getting any!!

{FFE - family-friendly edit }
Antbrewer

Post by Antbrewer »

Regarding the CTC 10% discount. I was told a while ago by a Halfords employee that bikes were not included just cycle accessories.
Best check this one out.
Anthony
peterb

Post by peterb »

"Cycling UK members are entitled to 10% off the in-store price of any cycles and cycling related products and services in Halfords."
https://www.cyclinguk.org/member-benefits/halfords
Antbrewer

Post by Antbrewer »

PeterB
I think that is correct inspite of what I was told by an employee as I mentioned yesterday.
My wife is actually buying an ebike today and will pick it up tomorrow and when I asked about the discount the girl said 'yes'.... So when we come to pay for it tomorrow on collection we will see but I am confident.........

Anthony
hemo

Post by hemo »

A Pedelec member recently picked one up for £1100 with all discounts, not bad going for a Bosch powered bike if they(Bosch) are your cup a of tea.
Antbrewer

Post by Antbrewer »

Today we went across to Halfords and my wife bought her E bike and received the 10% discount on showing the CTC voucher. Excellent.
Anthony
hemo

Post by hemo »

If you use a cashback website you can get another 3% off as well as using gift cards on top of 10% cycling discount.