TV licensing...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
philvantwo

Re: TV licensing...

Post by philvantwo »

Sounds like Mick F watches stuff on BBC iplayer and reckons he doesn't need a licence?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Not watched anything on iPlayer or any catchup TV for years. Not interested in the slightest.
BBC changed the rules regarding iPlayer in that you need a TVL, but we'd stopped watching it by then anyway.

Note my previous post ................... I said IF ........ and not when. :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

some cracking videos on here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDaV7jqM7M
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

ferrit worrier wrote:some cracking videos on here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGDaV7jqM7M

I feel sorry for some of the Capita grunts, they are just earning a living, I bet theywouldnt chose that job if they had options. BUT not the last one who threatened to get a search warrant - good luck on that one? set the squirrels on him :wink:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Mick F wrote:Yes, I heard all about this on the news today.
More fools falling for scams.

If TVL people emailed us, they must be scammers ................. they write letters to us as "The Legal Occupier" :lol: :lol:

a few more dim wits. I am surprsied they want their mugshots ( now thats an appropriate use of the term?) plastered on the media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46765681
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Having cleared the hurdle of my 74th birthday I've just followed the guidance and applied for my short-term licence to cover the period between the end of my current licence and reaching 75 (no room for superstition here.)

I got to something like page three of the online application - admittedly, only short pages - when it says "By pressing the "continue" button, you are confirming ...." There is no "continue" button, only one labelled "confirm."
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

thirdcrank wrote:Having cleared the hurdle of my 74th birthday I've just followed the guidance and applied for my short-term licence to cover the period between the end of my current licence and reaching 75 (no room for superstition here.)

I got to something like page three of the online application - admittedly, only short pages - when it says "By pressing the "continue" button, you are confirming ...." There is no "continue" button, only one labelled "confirm."

its a test whether you are really 75 ie senile dont know the difference. so sorry you cannt have a free tv license
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Bearing in mind that I already have a licence and this application is to cover the period between it ending and my 75th birthday, the email acknowledgment includes this:

If you receive any letters asking you to buy a TV Licence in the next few days, please ignore them.

Perhaps they will send MickF's penfriend round :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

If you receive any letters asking you to buy a TV Licence in the next few days, please ignore them.
thirdcrank wrote:Perhaps they will send MickF's penfriend round :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I'm sure you will all be pleased to hear I've just received an email which includes this:

I have now registered you for your free licence. When confirmed you will be sent your licence, in the month you turn 75, and I will arrange for any advanced payments to be refunded.
Megaen Robertson

And there's a PS:

Please don't tell MickF as he won't be 75 until after this is scrapped.

:wink:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol:

We received threatening letter No 13 yesterday.
Mick F. Cornwall
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Mick F wrote::lol: :lol:

We received threatening letter No 13 yesterday.

well letter 14 is usually laced with novichok YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED PAY UP OR ELSE
Canuk

Post by Canuk »

Can't see TV licence surviving this parliament (its a toss up which one goes first!) Useless article Television. Even at 10 years old watching Heartbeat the night before going back to school I realised what a load of codswallop it was. I remember thinking my parents must have been very bored indeed to spend Sunday nights in front of it.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Left to my own devices, I wouldn't bother with a telly, but my wife is something of a telly addict so there's no point paying for a licence if we can have one free. I suppose I do quite a bit of passive telly watching (cf passive smoking.)

AFAIK, there are no moves afoot to make it compulsory.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

thirdcrank wrote:Left to my own devices, I wouldn't bother with a telly, but my wife is something of a telly addict so there's no point paying for a licence if we can have one free. I suppose I do quite a bit of passive telly watching (cf passive smoking.)

AFAIK, there are no moves afoot to make it compulsory.

In Germany it is compulsory already, every household pays €200 pa approx even if one only has a radio
There are lots of good jobs in the 'Staatsfunk', National Broadcasters :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies