A banana for the ride?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
gbnz

A banana for the ride?

Post by gbnz »

Apologies for being a pedantic .........., however on buying my bananas at Aldi (Advertised £0.76kg or £0.13 per item if bought as an individual), I found myself charged the individual price for my weeks supply of bananas :shock:

Represents a 15% excess margin on the price advertised :x (Though my digital scales differed by 1g on different readings).

Clearly I'll be checking my facts tomorrow, but will be requesting a refund. Anyone else had a similar issue? Coming a week following the closure of one of the towns two long term supermarkets (Nb. Not own I'd ever shopped in) due to the discount retailer competition, strikes me as being....
Cyril Haearn

Re: A banana for the ride?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I thought a**i was simple :wink:
I have complained when overcharged if I spotted it, what if one is undercharged? What if one doesnae notice till one gets home? What do you do with the banana skins? Is there only one food store in town now?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
rjb

Post by rjb »

i once had an issue in Aldi who had a notice up saying banans 50p/Kg.
I took a bunch to the till and was charged somewhat more than i was expecting. The girl on the till said the price was set and she couldnt vary it. When i complained she called the manager who came to the till, was not happy and tore the 50p notice down. I got a refund on the excess but the manager said he didnt have to sell them to me. The queue was building behind me. If i had a camera phone i would have taken some photos and sent them to trading standards. I am very careful in those stores now. I wont use cash as i have had a euro in my change from them instead of a £1 coin. May be better after brexit when the exchange rate may be in my Favour. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I thought a**i was simple :wink:
I have complained when overcharged if I spotted it, what if one is undercharged? What if one doesnae notice till one gets home? What do you do with the banana skins? Is there only one food store in town now?

It's both a matter of principle and of law.

Imagine the outcry if an individual bought a can of baked beans for £0.34 and found themselves being charged the "individual" price of £0.02 a bean :wink:

Besides, I've a lot of time of my hands at the moment, shop daily and am generally a tight sod. I'll reclaim my £0.30 in passing (Nb. I thought the approach of Morrisons on giving me my loaf of bread on Christmas Eve FOC was very enlightened - they'd mispriced every 400g loaf at the price of a 800g loaf and recognised after a few minutes that I wouldn't be backing down :wink: )
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

17 beans in a tin, I thought there were hundreds :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies