** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
bovlomov

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by bovlomov »

bovlomov wrote:
thirdcrank wrote:The Beeb always has a note at the end of these broadcasts saying they are available online, although you would have to be a glutton for punishment to check.

Thanks. Here goes.....

The BBC tells me I need to register before I can watch a party political broadcast. That's a step too far. You'd think they'd be open access.

I guess I'll never know what delights the PM has lined up for us.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Brought to you by the wonders of youtube. (Your pin-up is right at the end. Or perhaps wrong ....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L_nEyfJrDw

I see it's described as Autumn 2018 but I think it's the same one.
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

thirdcrank wrote:Brought to you by the wonders of youtube. (Your pin-up is right at the end. Or perhaps wrong ....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L_nEyfJrDw

I see it's described as Autumn 2018 but I think it's the same one.

It was worth the wait. Many thanks.

No smiles, but the emphasis on every third word convinces me that she's the only one to lead us through Brexit.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

bovlomov wrote:No smiles, but the emphasis on every third word convinces me that she's the only one to lead us through Brexit.
Why? What happens if you leave every third word out? (I didn't watch the video btw, the first 5 seconds were enough...)
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

661-Pete wrote:
bovlomov wrote:No smiles, but the emphasis on every third word convinces me that she's the only one to lead us through Brexit.
Why? What happens if you leave every third word out? (I didn't watch the video btw, the first 5 seconds were enough...)

If she had left every third word out, her scriptwriters would be rather annoyed. What did she think the underlining was for?

But ellipsis on every third word isn't a bad idea.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
mjr

Post by mjr »

al_yrpal wrote:middle-class-remoaners-so-upset-by-brexit-theyve-developed-a-psychological-disorder-top-doctors-warn

LOL! Tell us about it...

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,...
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7055100/middle-class-remoaners-so-upset-by-brexit-theyve-developed-a-psychological-disorder-top-doctors-warn/

LOL! Tell us about it...

Al

All that article and the way it is written really tells us is that Rupert Murdoch supports Brexit. Your views seem to be given to you by what you read in your Soaraway Sun Al. It explains a lot of what you've written here.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

mjr wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:middle-class-remoaners-so-upset-by-brexit-theyve-developed-a-psychological-disorder-top-doctors-warn

LOL! Tell us about it...

Being the Sun of course rather than run with the actual story which is that brexit is dividing the nation they chose the headline and text that suits their agenda.

Al simply saw an headline he liked, had a snigger and posted a link to it on here without spotting that the underlying text was as much about him as anyone else on here.
The giveaway is the actual quote in the article from one of the "top doctors": “On both sides of the debate, there is evidence of considerable ‘in-group’ love and ‘out-group’ hate,”

Which is far nearer the truth than the simplistic headline aimed at people who don't like to think too much.

(What constitutes a "top doctor" anyway?)
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

bansky.JPG
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Cours

Post by Cours »

kwackers wrote:
mjr wrote:

LOL! Tell us about it...

Being the Sun of course rather than run with the actual story which is that brexit is dividing the nation they chose the headline and text that suits their agenda.

[/i]

Which is far nearer the truth than the simplistic headline aimed at people who don't like to think too much.

(What constitutes a "top doctor" anyway?)

Something like a 'top hat' I reckon, a thing with a lot of hot air swilling about underneath. Or a Sun reader. Take yer pick.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Vorpal wrote:Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?

Depends what you mean by coconuts - some are the children of migrants.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
horizon

Post by horizon »

bovlomov wrote:I read this evening that the UK is the country with the highest number of intra-EU emigrants.

Sometimes emigrants from the UK are given some air time. One classic Radio 4 interview of an emigrating couple asked them why they were emigrating: because they disliked the high level of immigration into the UK came the swift reply.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

horizon wrote:
bovlomov wrote:I read this evening that the UK is the country with the highest number of intra-EU emigrants.

Sometimes emigrants from the UK are given some air time. One classic Radio 4 interview of an emigrating couple asked them why they were emigrating: because they disliked the high level of immigration into the UK came the swift reply.

that should be put on the clean joke thread?