Jaden Moodie

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pwa

Re: Jayden Moodie

Post by pwa »

I'm forever catching myself being harsh and judgemental about kids and the bad things they get up to but then I remember some of the less attractive things I got up to when I was young, and how I changed as I matured.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

pwa wrote:I'm forever catching myself being harsh and judgemental about kids and the bad things they get up to but then I remember some of the less attractive things I got up to when I was young, and how I changed as I matured.

Perhaps someone had faith in you and didn't write you off or stereotype you, and you responded?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

landsurfer wrote:
pete75 wrote:Real world eh? How is yours more real than anyone else's. From what you say it sounds like you live in a real dump - sounds like it's unreal compared to most of the country. If it's that bad why not move?

How disappointing .... It's a shame we don't live your safe, secure, middle class suburbia dream .....Unfortunately JR and I live in a pretty normal city/ large town / conurbation in the north of the country ... nice bits and bad bits ...

I don't live in a suburb. Never have and you've no evidence whatsoever as to where I live. On the other hand from what you say here you're a successful business man so it's likely you live in a suburb rather than the inner city.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

pete75 wrote:
landsurfer wrote:
pete75 wrote:Real world eh? How is yours more real than anyone else's. From what you say it sounds like you live in a real dump - sounds like it's unreal compared to most of the country. If it's that bad why not move?

How disappointing .... It's a shame we don't live your safe, secure, middle class suburbia dream .....Unfortunately JR and I live in a pretty normal city/ large town / conurbation in the north of the country ... nice bits and bad bits ...

I don't live in a suburb. Never have and you've no evidence whatsoever as to where I live. On the other hand from what you say here you're a successful business man so it's likely you live in a suburb rather than the inner city.

S66 2NW .... The area comes and goes as the kids grow up and move on and the next generation of achievers / [FFE] / scumbags live their life, we have a 3 bed ex-council house .. our home, our nest ... and now full of children's laughter again, and fights and arguments ... we love it ... our home. :D
One side of us lives a recovering drug addict and his mum ... He's in his early 40's .. but winning the fight ... other side a classic working family .. she is a child carer he is a bin man .. team leader ... nice people ... our people ....
Last edited by Graham on 14 Jan 2019, 7:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: FFE . . .family-friendly edit
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

landsurfer wrote:
pete75 wrote:
landsurfer wrote:

S66 2NW .... The area comes and goes as the kids grow up and move on and the next generation of achievers / f'wits / scumbags live their life, we have a 3 bed ex-council house .. our home, our nest ... and now full of children's laughter again, and fights and arguments ... we love it ... our home. :D
One side of us lives a recovering drug addict and his mum ... He's in his early 40's .. but winning the fight ... other side a classic working family .. she is a child carer he is a bin man .. team leader ... nice people ... our people ....

Good grief you surprise me - I was expecting you had something like the below. As for me I live in the sort of place urbanites would regard as all bad - population about 200, 5 miles to nearest shop, 25 to nearest hospital same to nearest railway station, nearly 50 to nearest motorway etc. Have known the place all my life though I grew up about 6 miles away.

'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

pete75 wrote:

:lol: :lol: i thought thats where you lived .....

Well using the power of street view you've seen my house ..... Like most people in business these days we are asset rich but have no cash .... and have business partners that share it with us ... Mal and I have 3 staff members that earn more than us !! ....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I started this, I do live in a leafy suburb but I am not very rich :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
pete75

Post by pete75 »

landsurfer wrote:
pete75 wrote:

:lol: :lol: i thought thats where you lived .....

Well using the power of street view you've seen my house ..... Like most people in business these days we are asset rich but have no cash .... and have business partners that share it with us ... Mal and I have 3 staff members that earn more than us !! ....

Mines here PE10 0SD.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

ah atlast the moped. The Guardian reports it was a stolen moped. so it all starts to unravel for this child who according to his family wasnt a member of a gang..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/15/police-searching-for-five-suspects-in-jayden-moodie
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:ah atlast the moped. The Guardian reports it was a stolen moped. so it all starts to unravel for this child who according to his family wasnt a member of a gang..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/15/police-searching-for-five-suspects-in-jayden-moodie

You seem pleased.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:ah atlast the moped. The Guardian reports it was a stolen moped. so it all starts to unravel for this child who according to his family wasnt a member of a gang..

You seem pleased.

pleased that certain crucial bits of information are atlast being reported rather than ignored
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:

You seem pleased.

pleased that certain crucial bits of information are atlast being reported rather than ignored

They are crucial in what way, I wonder?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:You seem pleased.

well he either stole it himself or was in with people who did steal it - he must have been in some sense significant to them if he was given it, as it is hardly just a cycle?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mercalia wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
mercalia wrote:

well he either stole it himself or was in with people who did steal it - he must have been in some sense significant to them if he was given it, as it is hardly just a cycle?

And?
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

mercalia wrote:well he either stole it himself or was in with people who did steal it - he must have been in some sense significant to them if he was given it, as it is hardly just a cycle?

Aren't you jumping to conclusions? Maybe he swapped with someone, not knowing it was stolen. Maybe someone talked him into taking it for a test ride. Maybe it was loaned to him with the express the purpose of getting him into trouble.

Leave it to the police to figure out.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom