Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

661-Pete

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by 661-Pete »

Vorpal wrote:
661-Pete wrote:Does the US of A have anything equivalent to our Mental Health Act? And if so can a person be Sectioned under it?

It varies form state to state, but most states have a law that allows a judge to require someone to be institutionalised for mental health care.

Ah - I'm remembering now. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Don't know what state that was set in, nor whether it was typical of US mental health treatment in the 1960s/70s. Hope not - with the sole exception of the need to deal with the T-monster somehow....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

661-Pete wrote:
Vorpal wrote:
661-Pete wrote:Does the US of A have anything equivalent to our Mental Health Act? And if so can a person be Sectioned under it?

It varies form state to state, but most states have a law that allows a judge to require someone to be institutionalised for mental health care.

Ah - I'm remembering now. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Don't know what state that was set in, nor whether it was typical of US mental health treatment in the 1960s/70s. Hope not - with the sole exception of the need to deal with the T-monster somehow....

One of the reasons for the film (and novel) was to highlight that mental health care was not all it seemed in some institutions. It wasn't like that everywhere, but the system was rife with abuse.

edited to add: https://www.rootedinrights.org/one-flew ... koos-nest/
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I am sure a film will be made about his presidency?

who should play him?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Fahrenheit 11/9 by Michael Moore coming soon

John Cleese could play PotUS
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Fahrenheit 11/9 by Michael Moore coming soon

John Cleese could play PotUS

I worry that Cleese lacks the ability to play tragi-comic characters :wink:
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Looks like the Trumpfool is at least looking after some - he's just bought in '300 burgers' to stuff the faces of a gang of - presumably - his own fans....

According to one source the current price of a big mac is $3.57, so that'll have set the Trumpery purse back the princely sum of .... $1,071.00 (with fries and milkshakes, I suppose it'll have come to a bit more...)

So - if he's in the money to that extent, how about paying the wages, out of his own pocket, of every single one of those unfortunate - and innocent - USA workers who are currently not being paid due to the government shutdown? What about it, Drumpfie?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

661-Pete wrote:Looks like the Trumpfool is at least looking after some - he's just bought in '300 burgers' to stuff the faces of a gang of - presumably - his own fans....

According to one source the current price of a big mac is $3.57, so that'll have set the Trumpery purse back the princely sum of .... $1,071.00 (with fries and milkshakes, I suppose it'll have come to a bit more...)

So - if he's in the money to that extent, how about paying the wages, out of his own pocket, of every single one of those unfortunate - and innocent - USA workers who are currently not being paid due to the government shutdown? What about it, Drumpfie?

nah clearly you aint a big-mac eater? the receipt has an invite to answer a questionaire then they give u a code to put on it gets u a big mac and fries at a reduced rate - he probaby did that :lol:
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:nah clearly you aint a big-mac eater? the receipt has an invite to answer a questionaire then they give u a code to put on it gets u a big mac and fries at a reduced rate - he probaby did that :lol:
Well, clearly both you and the Drumphf have the advantage over me regarding this sphere of knowledge. Oh and before you ask - I have sampled Mr Ronald M's product. Twice in my life, as I recall - the last time being nearly 40 years ago. I didn't enjoy it much. I concede that much may have changed in the interim.

Do they ask you to give a name, and then bawl it out when your order's ready - like they do in Sta**ucks - and Argos? Might be amusing to hear the waiter call out "Macdonalds for Donald!". Actually, if I'm ever in Starbucks again, I'm tempted to give my name as, say, "Latte" - so that I can hear them call "Latte for Latte..."

As to Drumpfhf's eating habits - is it true that he subsists entirely on burgers? If so why isn't he dead?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

does show what a cheapscape dullard he is? I am sure there are better takeaways than that around there
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I suspect that the likelihood that Trump ultimately pays this out of his own pocket is remote. He uses his own hotels and golf/country clubs for travel with his entourage and the USA picks up the tab. He will be massivlly more wealthy at the end of his term than the beginning.
John
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Not without reason is McDonald's the greatest restaurant chain in the world, +1!

I eat there regularly, often service is real quick, just a shame the chips are usually lukewarm :wink:
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I eat there regularly, often service is real quick, just a shame the chips are usually lukewarm :wink:
I didn't think they served chips!

These are chips (with a bit of fish thrown in):

These are "fries" (or whatever name you care to give 'em):
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Pommes (German) = chips
Chips (German) = potato crisps
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I see that despite the ludicrous invitation for his Royal visit, he still feels it appropriate to insult the family of those who invited him!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-uk-state-visit-meghan-markle-criticism-us-election-a8939411.html wrote:Trump brands Meghan Markle 'nasty' after criticism ahead of UK visit

Donald Trump has branded the Duchess of Sussex as “nasty” after hearing she made critical comments about him during his 2016 election campaign.

Is it too late to withdraw the invite.

(That said I am in some regards a bit hypocritical as I strongly disagree with our system of "royalty". Some I would brand as nasty people (or maybe just too stupid to know better), but then they have not invited me to a 3 day ego boost (which I'd turn down anyway).

Ian
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

Psamathe wrote:I see that despite the ludicrous invitation for his Royal visit, he still feels it appropriate to insult the family of those who invited him!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-uk-state-visit-meghan-markle-criticism-us-election-a8939411.html wrote:Trump brands Meghan Markle 'nasty' after criticism ahead of UK visit

Donald Trump has branded the Duchess of Sussex as “nasty” after hearing she made critical comments about him during his 2016 election campaign.

Is it too late to withdraw the invite.

(That said I am in some regards a bit hypocritical as I strongly disagree with our system of "royalty". Some I would brand as nasty people (or maybe just too stupid to know better), but then they have not invited me to a 3 day ego boost (which I'd turn down anyway).

Ian

Alas, the paper didn't see fit to publish the rest of Trump's words from that particular conversation where he went on to praise her and describe her as a "good princess". And to think Murdoch's rags get a bad rap :lol:
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.