DI2 not using the last two gears

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
ndwgolf

DI2 not using the last two gears

Post by ndwgolf »

I am just heading out of the door so will confirm later but I just checked the battery on my Trek Madone using the iPhone app. After turning off the bluetooth (to be able to use the DI2 shifters) I went through the rear cassette gears using the right hand shifter and it stopped at the 3rd from last gear and I couldn't get it to go past that.........Strange

I'm in a hurry to meet up so will report back after I have finished my ride.

Neil
thelawnet

Re: DI2 not using the last two gears

Post by thelawnet »

lol
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

thelawnet wrote:lol
happy to put a smile on your face
Neil
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

ndwgolf wrote:I am just heading out of the door so will confirm later but I just checked the battery on my Trek Madone using the iPhone app. After turning off the bluetooth (to be able to use the DI2 shifters) I went through the rear cassette gears using the right hand shifter and it stopped at the 3rd from last gear and I couldn't get it to go past that.........Strange

I'm in a hurry to meet up so will report back after I have finished my ride.

Neil

You realise you've just awakened the dinosaurs?
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Have you got the latest firmware update on it?
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

If only it just changed gears :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

Marcus Aurelius wrote:Have you got the latest firmware update on it?

Yes the firmware is up to date. When out riding this morning the gear changes were good and the last two gears were getting used......... so not sure why there didn’t change in my driveway.
Neil
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

IIRC there are various modes (including setup modes) and it might be that you inadvertently had one of those engaged. IIRC one of the (default) modes means that you cannot run too cross-chained, and it won't let you select big-big for example. I would tell you more but I have not bothered to learn everything there is to know about these systems because a) that would be impossible and would change at the next update anyway and b) I am very happy if I have as little as possible to do with this kind of thing.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Syd

Post by Syd »

Brucey wrote:IIRC there are various modes (including setup modes) and it might be that you inadvertently had one of those engaged. IIRC one of the (default) modes means that you cannot run too cross-chained, and it won't let you select big-big for example. I would tell you more but I have not bothered to learn everything there is to know about these systems because a) that would be impossible and would change at the next update anyway and b) I am very happy if I have as little as possible to do with this kind of thing.

cheers

Not seen that in the modes available for any of the 3 Di2 bikes my wife and I have (all 6870).

Default settings on that is it allows you to go through the entire cassette, in either direction, by holding a change switch. I have gone in and limited it to three.

As for cross chaining the FD auto trims so it’s less of an issue. It’s possible that the latest group set allows you to lock it out. Found be interesting to have confirmation if it can.
althebike

Post by althebike »

not wishing to hyjack OP but I cannot communicate with my di2, it seems the bike did not come with the d fly. I was a bit miffed that I spent a lot of money and the thing did not do what it said on the box, so is the d-fly absolutely necessary for talking to di2 or is there a simple app that can be used?