Really creepy experience cycling home tonight (I did solve the mystery eventually)

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
brooksby

Re: Really creepy experience cycling home tonight (I did solve the mystery eventually)

Post by brooksby »

LollyKat wrote:Recently I had a jackdaw swoop down and scratch my head with its claws when I was walking on a busy pavement in Edinburgh. Why me?!

Walking central Bristol with my kids back in September, a gull swooped down and stole a bar of chocolate out of my son's hand. Surprising, but more so when you consider that a couple of weeks earlier he'd had a sandwich stolen. Same gull? Who knows...
Mr Tom

Re: Really creepy experience cycling home tonight (I did solve the mystery eventually)

Post by Mr Tom »

Yeah crows seem really interesting. I've never seen them doing anything very special but should try to pay more attention next time I see some.

I've had the experience of nearly crashing into a young stag in Richmond Park, luckily the sound of me braking on gravel scared it away. Well something scared it away anyhow!

I'm always amazed at how big seaguls are up close!
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Crows (the whole corvid family) are known to be among the most intelligent birds.