Evans Cycles does NOT ship new bikes abroad - but I want one

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Eduea

Evans Cycles does NOT ship new bikes abroad - but I want one

Post by Eduea »

Hi everyone!

Guys I need some light please. I've decided to buy a pinnacle from Evans cycle. However their website is with problems and for the past months they have not been able to ship bikes internationally. I'm living in Germany by the way.

So I'm trying to figure ways to buy it. I've been context then every other day but it seems there will be no solution soon :? I thought of shipping to a courier in UK and they ship to me. But the courier won't receive shipping and just do pick up. So thought the courier would pick at one Evans store then Evans told me only who pays the bike is able to collect. I even called some Evans physical store and explained but none of them were really open to help.

I'm quite frustrated with all this situation but I really want the bike before it runs out of stock. Does anybody know a courier service that ships bikes and could receive the delivery and ship to me? I'm thinking of ways but running out of options and time before the bike runs out. Also I'm quite unhappy that Evans don't really support on this. I've contacting them like mad thinking of ways but no solution. I really want to have this bike but I'm quite losing hope here :(

Any ideas??

Thanks
Last edited by Graham on 24 Jan 2019, 7:49am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
simonhill

Re: Evans Cycles does NOT ship new bikes abroad - but I want one

Post by simonhill »

You have probably thought of this, but........

Get a cheap return flight to UK. Pay for bike on the way back. You could probably do this for about £100 - if the bike is a bargain, this may or may not be worth it.

Not ideal, but you asked for suggestions.
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

I think you need to break the problem and solution down into two parts:

1) Find someone in the UK you can trust, transfer them the money and have them buy the bike. Ideally, they should buy it boxed.

2) Arrange for a courier to collect the bike from the person in 1) and deliver to you.

I don't know about Germany, but here in Spain there are a lot of small independent couriers who drive back and forth to England on a regular basis. My friend had a bike carried out to Costa Blanca from the UK Midlands for around £25.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

https://www.evanscycles.com/help/delivery

Scroll down for

International delivery options

According to that, they've stopped shipping to Oz and they don't shop complete bikes to BFPO. It says the Germany is in their shipping zone 2

Funny old world
sylvestermorgan

Post by sylvestermorgan »

Evans are in a funny place at the moment following their rescue by Mike Ashley.

As a lot of the online UK bike sellers will price match, try going through one of them.
PH

Post by PH »

sylvestermorgan wrote:As a lot of the online UK bike sellers will price match, try going through one of them.

I've decided to buy a pinnacle from Evans cycle

That's Evans own brand and only available from them.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I used to buy parts for an American car from companies that only shipped to mainland US. I found a company that would give me a PO Box address to fe tit shipped to them then they carried out the onward shipping to me.

Not sure if anyone in the UK does that but may be worth a look for such a company.
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

simonhill wrote:You have probably thought of this, but........

Get a cheap return flight to UK. Pay for bike on the way back. You could probably do this for about £100 - if the bike is a bargain, this may or may not be worth it.

+1

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

Another 1-shot posting. Asks a question but doesn't acknowledge responses.

If anyone was thinking about offering assistance, I guess they would think twice.
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

Worth checking again, because in the last few days, I believe, Evans restarted shipping to France. I ordered a Dualco Mini grease gun before they change their mind again.
robgul

Post by robgul »

Not sure why you want a Pinnacle as it's just an Evans own-brand machine ...

What might work is to speak direct to an Evans branch - order the bike and pay on the phone - get them to order it to come into the branch from the warehouse but NOT UNBOX IT or build it - you arrange a courier to collect and get it to you.

Building up a new, boxed, bike isn't much more than fitting the bars, saddle and the front wheel - pretty much every new bike that comes into my shop has everything indexed and working.

... or if you're in Germany go to Rose and buy from them?

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

ndwgolf wrote:
simonhill wrote:You have probably thought of this, but........

+1

An awful waste of resources. And money. And your time
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies