Cycling in Netherlands

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Brett6

Cycling in Netherlands

Post by Brett6 »

Hi
My wife and I are planning on cycling in the Netherlands this summer. I am aware that the cycle paths are well laid out and all numbered. I'm wanting to buy the small folding cycle path maps for different parts of the Netherlands. Anyone know how I can buy these??
JakobW

Re: Cycling in Netherlands

Post by JakobW »

Stanford's in Covent Garden and the Map Shop in Upton upon Severn should have them in stock, and they both do mail/online orders.

However, depending on how far you're going you might want to think about a larger-scale map. I used the Falk 1:75K cycle atlas for a tour last summer, and unless you wanted to follow an exact route even that was overkill - it has all the knooppunt nodal points marked, but TBH the roadside signage isn't always all that clear (the number signs are small and easy to miss), and even at that scale I had to flip pages annoyingly often (and Sod's Law decreed that any tricky navigational bits were invariably at a page turn). The general cycle path signage is good enough that next time I might not bother with the atlas and might just take a 1:150/200K map for an overview, following town and village names on the signs.
Thehairs1970

Re: Cycling in Netherlands

Post by Thehairs1970 »