Pub's Legs

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Pub's Legs

Post by reohn2 »

NUKe wrote:
661-Pete wrote:
reohn2 wrote:One and a half maybe :wink:
I seem to recall, LJS used a crutch, and didn't have a prosthetic leg. So I'd say, one.

Captain Ahab, on the other hand...

3 he had a parrot

Good thinking! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Hang on a minute, Silver's parrot (Capn Flint I recall) was a permanent fixture and had 2 legs, so that makes 3 1/2! :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

What about the Fox and Hounds?
How many legs?

What about the fleas?
Six legs, and there could be thousands of them on each and every one of the un-numbered hounds, not counting the fleas on the fox.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

We have the Hare and Hounds in our village, so two less than that...

Or, are the Hare's paws paws or legs? :D

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The Millipede

Why “The Millipede”? When Simon was a youngster he would often find himself on long car journeys with his older brother and their dad. To keep hem occupied, they used to play a game called “Legs”. This involved spotting pubs on your own side of the car and counting the number of legs ndicated by the name. So, for instance, “The King’s Arms” would score two, as Kings usually have two legs. “The Coach and Horses” would score ten, assuming two horses and a coachman. If you were lucky enough to spot “The Cricketers” on your side, you would score a massive twenty two! Simon longed for the day when he would spot a pub called “The Millipede”, giving him an unbeatable score of one thousand. He always said that if he ever opened a pub, he would call it “The Millipede, so here it is!

http://themillipede.co.uk/page2.html
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

TC.
Well done that man!
:D
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

A very pleasant lunch today at the Fox and Hounds, Carthorpe. No picture on the pub sign, so I can't remember the score but I had dressed crab to start followed by Dover sole.

PS, should the thread title be Pubs' legs? Or perhaps pub legs?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

thirdcrank wrote:The Millipede
http://themillipede.co.uk/page2.html
Sorry to disappoint folks, but the world record for a millipede's number of legs is "only" 750; held by this little creature.

Unless there's a millipede species with more legs waiting to be discovered out there...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).