If you do it in stages is it proper LeJog....!?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Jamesh

Re: If you do it in stages is it proper LeJog....!?

Post by Jamesh »

On a similar vein
My brother in-law lives in Pontypridd
He would pick me up from Chepstow in the evening after arriving over seven bridge.
However in the morning it would be a bit much to ask him to drive me back to Chepstow through early morning traffic to start where I left off.

Could I start at Ponti and ride up to my next stop which is in Broughton N Wales?

Would it be a fair lejog?!!

Cheers James
scarletnut

Post by scarletnut »

Jamesh - as someone from West Wales I know the territory you will need to confront!! Essentially you are parallel (ish) with Chepstow and probably putting a few extra miles onto your LeJog. In the scheme of things you're hardly shortcutting and if you really feel mentally this is uncomfortable you could always go on to Monmouth up the Wye Valley which is one of the best bits of cycling on the whole route!!
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Hopefully he will drive me back to Chepstow as that ride up to Monmouth is meant to be beautiful, he might even take the morning off and ride with me to Monmouth!
Ron

Post by Ron »

Jamesh wrote:He would pick me up from Chepstow in the evening after arriving over seven bridge.
However in the morning it would be a bit much to ask him to drive me back to Chepstow through early morning traffic to start where I left off.
Would it be a fair lejog?!!

There are no rules, so it could not be considered "unfair", however to make use of motorised transport anywhere along the route simply defiles the whole experience :( .
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

I agree if it advances you towards your destination but many times people have had a lift to the hotel or home and then back to where they left off!

As for me if I were to ride from pontipridd then I would in fact be giving myself a harder (but nicer) ride than going via the A49.

cheers James
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

I would say that if you are happy then its fine but personably the challenge of doing it in one go is what makes it special. But I'm once of those people who think that a hill hasn't been cycled if there is a photo/drink stop half way up.
Assembling a challenge bit by bit isn't really a challenge compared to doing it in one go, however hard that bit by bit may be.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Oh yeah, the ride from Chepstow to Monmouth isn't anything special. Nowt but trees if you go up the river and nowt but fields with a view if its clear if you go along the ridges.