Of Cysts and Hysterectomies.

eileithyia

Re: Of Cysts and Hysterectomies.

Post by eileithyia »

After a very long day on the 12th, in for 7:30 previous 3 hour case took over 8 hours, so finally went to theatre at 18:30. By which time all pre op nerves had dissolved into let's just get this over with.

Bit groggy Weds but got my release papers Fri..... reducing the pain killers and increasing the distance walked daily.... laps of the close so it is easy to increase from 1 by 1 each day.....
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
AMMoffat

Post by AMMoffat »

It must be a relief to get the surgery out of the way. Do laps of your close count towards your 30 miles per day? :mrgreen:

Good luck with your recovery.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

AMMoffat wrote:It must be a relief to get the surgery out of the way. Do laps of your close count towards your 30 miles per day? :mrgreen:

Good luck with your recovery.

Think they've been knocked on the head for this year... though could look to start a rolling year from when I am up to doing 30 miles.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
RickH

Post by RickH »

Hope you have a speedy recovery & will soon be leaving us mere mortals, who are struggling to keep up with 10 miles a day, eating your dust. :D
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

My mother in law, who had her hysterectomy in the 90's still says .. "They may have taken the swings away but the playground is still there" ...
A fairly blunt Cornish woman ...

Best wishes on a complete recovery ...
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Get well soon!
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

: [quote="landsurfer"]My mother in law, who had her hysterectomy in the 90's still says .. "They may have taken the swings away but the playground is still there" ...
A fairly blunt Cornish woman ...

Best wishes on a complete recovery ...[/quot

:lol: :lol:
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

All's good, got the all clear from consultant yesterday that the cyst was a benign dermoid cyst.
horizon

Post by horizon »

eileithyia wrote:All's good, got the all clear from consultant yesterday that the cyst was a benign dermoid cyst.

Great news! Unlike:

RickH wrote:
Hope you have a speedy recovery & will soon be leaving us mere mortals, who are struggling to keep up with 10 miles a day, eating your dust. :D

I'll get my coat . . . :)
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

eileithyia wrote:All's good, got the all clear from consultant yesterday that the cyst was a benign dermoid cyst.

Glad to read such good news :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Fantastic! Hope that you are back on the bike, soon :)
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
RickH

Post by RickH »

horizon wrote:

Great news! Unlike:

RickH wrote:

I'll get my coat . . . :)

That really wasn't meant to mean what you are inferring! :shock:

Excellent news on the all clear. :D Hope you are back on the bike soon.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

5wpo and so done a total of 12 miles on the turbo trainer, 3, 4, then 5 miles.... if I can do that I can ride to Alcudia from PP when I get out to Mallorca in a week's time while the menfolk are off doing their training stuff. Recovery going well but taking it slowly to build up, get tired as the day progresses.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

eileithyia wrote:5wpo and so done a total of 12 miles on the turbo trainer, 3, 4, then 5 miles.... if I can do that I can ride to Alcudia from PP when I get out to Mallorca in a week's time while the menfolk are off doing their training stuff. Recovery going well but taking it slowly to build up, get tired as the day progresses.

Well done! Enjoy Mallorca :)