Just a quick note on the current method for downloading cycle.travel routes to the garmin. For numpties like me only- competent people will have it all figured already! I used to be able to do it in a more shortcut way but this seems to be the current method.
1. You should get your phone or iPad and garmin connected via Bluetooth.
2.You have to go into the IQ store in garmin connect (found in “more”) on your phone or other device. There you can download the free widget/mini app called route course for it to push out to the Garmin itself. This bit should ideally be done at home.
3. Then you need to create an account in dynamic watch(route course is one of their apps) and add it as a book marked page as you’ll never be able to remember what it’s called when you’re out and about . Here is the link to their page. https://dynamic.watch/me#_=_
All these bits only need to be done once.
Then every time you want to create a course (I did this in the ferry this morning using the iPhone- dead easy).
1. Create the course in cycle.travel and save it. Click on the export tray thing to get a GPx course and choose the type of file you want (I’ve being choosing the type listed as for newer Garmin’s and that works fine). Then copy the address at the bottom of the page.
2. Log into dynamic watch on your phone or whatever. The main page after login says routes and import so click on that and a box will pop up that you can paste your cycle.travel link into.
3. Now go into your garmin and chose IQ on the home menu (mine is Bottom right) and that should take you into route course and you should see your new route with a cloud next to it. Click the cloud to download it via Bluetooth.