Fitting bar bag at side of ICE Sprint seat

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
sharpedge

Re: Fitting bar bag at side of ICE Sprint seat

Post by sharpedge »

I have an ICE Adventure HD with the frame riser. I have a klikfix handlebar fitting and a couple of the extension units fitted - keeps the bag close in to the seat and lower than the ICE bar - probably a lot lighter too! I had two upwrongs so I still have a bar unit and just need to get a couple of extension for the other side.
climo

Post by climo »

sharpedge wrote:I have an ICE Adventure HD with the frame riser. I have a klikfix handlebar fitting and a couple of the extension units fitted - keeps the bag close in to the seat and lower than the ICE bar - probably a lot lighter too! I had two upwrongs so I still have a bar unit and just need to get a couple of extension for the other side.

Are you mounting these directly to the seat frame? Where and how?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

hercule wrote:Another link that might be useful...

http://www.bentrideronline.com/?p=11153

The article also raises another point, about the seat edge abrading the bag straps. I added some edge trim to the top half of my seat to avoid that possibility (a couple of pounds from a car accessory store or an online auction site of your choice...)

I have some early Radical Pods (?15 years or more) and have used them on a number of bikes and trikes - there is no sign of ear and tear apart from a little marking. Certainly nothing that will cause me concern in the next 15 years
sharpedge

Post by sharpedge »

climo wrote:
sharpedge wrote:I have an ICE Adventure HD with the frame riser. I have a klikfix handlebar fitting and a couple of the extension units fitted - keeps the bag close in to the seat and lower than the ICE bar - probably a lot lighter too! I had two upwrongs so I still have a bar unit and just need to get a couple of extension for the other side.

Are you mounting these directly to the seat frame? Where and how?

Mounted onto the seat riser (central bar runs from the rear seat mount to the front seat mount with the seat then mounted onto the riser).
salmino

Post by salmino »

Maybe that's the way to go. They carry more I think, but don't look so easily attached or removed.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

One can fix a "quick-fix" Rixen and Kaul type attachment high up on the back of a hard shell seat in some cases.
I posted a picture od such an arrangment somewhere in the HPV section.

Works well -no abrasiion or width issues though accessing stuff while riding is difficult -to impossible!!
climo

Post by climo »

If you fit oversized balloon tyres and adjust the mudguards to fit then they can hit the handlebar bag when you steer. Solved by tilting the arm but it's not a good solution. With regular tyres there's no prob. Guess how I know?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

climo wrote:If you fit oversized balloon tyres and adjust the mudguards to fit then they can hit the handlebar bag when you steer. Solved by tilting the arm but it's not a good solution. With regular tyres there's no prob. Guess how I know?

You did the dynamic CAD work didn't you ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.